Need Producer of Broccoli Rubber Bands

Can anyone help me find suppliers for the broccoli rubber bands. I am planning a project for cub scout day camp and need serveral hundred of them. If anyone can help me find the producer I would appreciate it.

hi,

where you at ? and how much exactly do you need ?

let me know,

yan

I used to work for an orthopaedic surgeon, and we used to buy the very thick rubber bands at our office supply store and give them to the patients for therapy. Maybe you could check and see what they have?

I would check at your grocery store produce department. They probably have plenty and might just give you some. If one store won't do it, go to another. Tell them it is for your Cub Scouts. Stores usually like to help out. It might even be best to start with the manager.

Susan from ThriftyFun

If you cannot find the supplier by the time you need the bands..get a bicycle inner tube and cut it crosswise.

https://www.ves  .cfm?product=937

$5.75 for 1 lb. Discounts starting at 5lbs.

Found this on the web: For banding broccoli (one color only). 1 lb. = approximately 300 bands.

What a novel idea! Thanks, I never would have thought of that.