College Baseball Banquet

I need help thinking of something unique/easy/fun and most importantly cheap thing to do for 15 centerpieces for a baseball banquet. Any suggestions?

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I don't know that much about baseball, but what I would do would either use the supplies you have on hand such as baseballs and bats and even the bases.

I have no idea how expensive they would be to buy new so they would be clean, but you could make fake bases out of cardboard and even fake bats using long tubes and stuff tinfoil in the end to be the handle and the round end and obviously then cover them with either bright paper or yarn or something.

My real idea whether you use real bats, bases, etc. is to have a base on the table, then somehow stand the bat on the base. Maybe glue it then tie several baseballs to the handle of the bat so they hang at various heights from string or bright ribbon. Have each guest sign using a permanent marker a baseball with a message to the person who the banquet is for what a wonderful keepsake for him/her to remember the day by.

A simpler idea would be to assemble vases of various heights and place a baseball on top of each one and have the guests sign them.

If you are doing the tablecloths then you could get inexpensive white fabric and fabric paint the team logo and numbers, balls, etc. around the border and for the centerpiece. Get floral styrofoam and make a memorial tribute. put wheat grass looking greenery and a base ball on each side with a glove behind it on each side and a T ball bat or small bat across the top to form an x. Use a wide ribbon and paint or pen the team name on it. Hot glue to one end and string to the other with another for the other side. maybe throw in some cracker jack boxes and peanut bags.

If you are using round tables, purchase white round tablecloths and

turn them into baseballs using fabric paint to trace the stitching.

For a centerpiece, try a square tray of wheatgrass. Stick a pennant upright into the grass. Anchor with moss-covered foam if necessary. Sprinkle shelled peanuts around it like confetti. Place a small box of crackerjack at each place setting.

try using a popcorn box filled with red tissue paper and having red/white balloons coming out of it.""

where do i buy wheatgrass from? these are great ideas but i cannot find the wheatgrass!

Editor's Note: The easiest way is to grow it. Get some wheat seed from a health food store or the health department of the grocery store, the kind for milling.

Soak the seed for a couple of days, then plant in small pots in planting soil. In a few days you will have wheat grass.

HI,

I am doing centerpieces for a high school banquet and I purchased items like cracker jacks, bagged peanuts, small gatorade drinks, baby ruth bars, sunflowers seed packets all at Sam' Club very affordable.

I had to go to Sports Authority to get the Big League Chew but that might be too juvenile for college,

Anyway I got some cheap baskets and tissue paper and arranged these items together, You could stick something coming out like a small mascot etc. to bring colors in. I also laid out some baseball cards on the table. We plan on putting something under the seat at each table and that person can take home the goodies.Good Luck!

I am in charge of centerpieces for our state Cal Ripken League. This year I was able to get new cleats after the season. Our local sporting goods stores have been SO wonderful. I also went to a 2nd hand sports store. They too had new cleats to sell to me. I mean from $5 to $9 a pair! Remember, only one cleat to a table. I'm filling small boxes with gum, and tying balloons to the shoe laces. I'm still looking for something to prop the heels up on. Any ideas other than styrofoam?

Last year our centerpieces went home with our seniors. I found blue buckets and put in floral foam and made my own arrangements. The arrangements included photos (on floral picks) of the senior (this year and one from his Little League days) as well as a photo of the seniors. Then I filled in the arrangement with metallic party items in silver and blue. I have also seen flower pots painted black for the arrangements. Anyway, it looked great and each senior took home their own arrangement!

A girl working on online college courses using a laptop.
Taking Online College Courses
Pink piggy bank wearing graduation cap with money in the slot.
Saving Money for College
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants. Baseball Player with Bat on White Background
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 4:46:12 PM on 10.0.0.123 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.