Using Olive Oil on Oily Skin

I have oily skin. I tried using olive oil, but I get pimples. What do you suggest I use?

By Zubair from India

Oily Skin: If you have oily skin, you can spend a lot of money applying store-bought products three or four times a day to fight it. Or, you can try some of these natural remedies and tips:

Wash your skin in hot water. Cold water doesn't dissolve oil very well. Use good warm water! Rub a wedge of lemon across the oily parts of your face as a natural astringent.

Don't buy soaps especially made for oily skin. Popular Ivory soap works very well - the trick is to lather well and wash often. Also, consider a more-drying regular soap, such as Safeguard or Dial. Good luck.

Many years ago, when I was much younger-in my 30's, I had very oily skin with adult onset acne. I used basis soap-that's the name of the soap with warm water. Rinse very well Using Witch Hazel as an astringent.

Washing your skin with baking soda would neutralize the ph and possibly cut down on the oil. Follow with witch hazel. Keep and eye on hair products, if they are conditioners for dry hair don't use them. Try this link for more information this site recommends apple cider vinegar.

http://search.creativecommons.org/? ... cleanser&sourceid=Mozilla-search

Hello India, If you're going to wash your face with bar soap, don't use a deodorant soap. It will clog the pores and cause more pimples. A good cleanser for your face is baby wash. It does the job and is gentle on the skin. I live in central Texas, and it can get pretty hot down here in the summer, and the best way to prevent pimples is to allow your skin to breathe. Good luck. :-) mellie

This is not a joke but lettuce is the answer to oily skin! Buy an Iceberg lettuce and rub over your face, especially the parts nearest the stem. No need to rinse off either. Conditions your skin making it feel dry and soft. Wonderful! Better than any cream on the market, I swear. Monique :)

My skin was oily, and a friend told me to make black tea, and cool it down, and put that on my face for 15 to 20 minutes or so. It works. Also, I would crack open an egg, and mix the uncooked eggwhite with a little lemon juice and apply that to my face for several minutes. This always worked,too. Sometimes I would add a little lemon juice to the black tea and apply it to my face. I hope one or more of these remedies works for you!

February 24, 2010 Flag

Can I apply olive oil on my skin? I have oily skin and I get pimples. Is it better for my skin?.

Renu from Karur, India

Answers:

Using Olive Oil on Oily Skin

Many products made for dry skin contain olive oil, so I don't think it would work for oily skin. (12/10/2007)

By perfume and powder

Using Olive Oil on Oily Skin

For oily skin with acne, it is good to use a mixture of honey and apple cider vinegar. This mixture can have a powerful anti-microbial effect on blemishes. Honey has anti-bacterial properties, while the vinegar acts as a toning agent on your skin.

I have a list of home remedies for acne at my blog which can give you effective yet thrifty solution to your beauty woes. You can view the remedies here http://organicpassion.info/home-remedies-for-acne/

If you are looking for home mask recipes, do pop by my blog at http://www.organicpassion.info

Good luck.
(12/10/2007)

By organicpassion

Using Olive Oil on Oily Skin

I love coconut oil (from health food store) especially for under eyes. You don't really want heavy oils on the skin because it aids gravity. Olive oil is fine, as long as its natural. You may want to experiment with other oils like rosehip seed, apricot kernel, borage seed, or even almond oil. Your skin will love one the most.

As a redhead with sensitive skin, coconut oil lasts forever, you can cook with it, add it to the tips of your hair to deter split ends and put it all over your body. You might want to try a herbal cosmetic/carrier oil sellers to find different oils. If you add a few drops of carrot seed oil to the blend you have, it can help with wrinkles and prematurely aged skin and even add liquid vitamin E to it. Good luck. (12/17/2007)

By redheadrose

Using Olive Oil on Oily Skin

Speaking from experience, no way. If you put oil on your skin, it will get worse. The best thing to do is wash it with gentle soap or a Clearskin acne-treating product several times a day, use a toner afterwards, and do not wear make-up. If you keep wearing foundation, the problems will keep occurring. Give your skin a chance, and then once it has settled down, go from there. Good luck. I remember how horrible my skin was, so please try my recommendations to benefit from my experiences. (12/19/2007)

By Cathy from Townsville, QLD

Using Olive Oil on Oily Skin

I have used it on my hair as a pre-shampoo conditioner with acceptable results. For pimples see a dermatologist. Insurance companies cover the visit, because it is not considered a cosmetic visit. (12/29/2007)

By Londa

Using Olive Oil on Oily Skin

Yes, I think it works very well. My whole family uses olive oil on our skin; it works wonderfully. (01/05/2008)

By SJ

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care Oily SkinFebruary 24, 2010
Storing Olive Oil
Storing Olive Oil
oil lamp on white background
Using Olive Oil as Fuel for Oil Lamps
Olive Oil
Health and Nutritional Benefits of Olive Oil
Closeup of Facial Pores and Oily Skin
Remedies for Oily Skin
🎉
🎄