BirthdayParties

Outdoor Birthday Party For 12 Year Olds

I need tips on any ideas for an outdoor Birthday sleepover for 12 year olds. My daughter wants a Bounce House, do you think she is too old? I am putting a tent in the back yard for the sleepover.

Thanks,
Graci from Texas

Well you can go out an maybe have like a barbecue with dancing good food games hide an go seek things like that and a bounce house will be so cool I love going to my friends parties and playing in the bounce house and the tent outside is a great idea.

Bounce houses are fun for ten year olds. If you want your daughter to be mature then, no.

September 24, 2009 Flag

I need tips on any ideas for an outdoor birthday sleepover for 12 year olds. My daughter wants a Bounce House, do you think she is too old? I am putting a tent in the back yard for the sleepover.

Thanks,
Graci from Texas

Answers:

Outdoor Birthday Party For 12 Year Olds

If you can find a nice sized bounce house, I bet most any age person would have a fun time, especially during a sleep over. I see no problem with 12 year old kids enjoying a bounce house at a sleep over party.:) (03/28/2005)

By Anonymous

Outdoor Birthday Party For 12 Year Olds

I don't think you are ever too old for a Bounce House! A group I was part of just a year or two ago threw an outdoor event for kids and rented a bounce house. Towards the end of the day, we took turns watching the kids and jumping in it ourselves! (All adults age 25 & up!)

Also, as an idea for an outdoor party? It sounds like the perfect time to make S'mores and tell ghost stories with flashlights! If you are looking for a craft to do at the party, let the girls decorate plain pillowcases with craft paints, etc. Or if you have a digital camera and printer, take a picture of the girls all together, print on transfer paper, and iron on each pillowcase for a party keepsake! (03/28/2005)

By JodiUS

Outdoor Birthday Party For 12 Year Olds

The best parties are original ones. Just have fun with it, and in my opinion a theme isn't even needed because sometimes the best things to play or do happen while you're in there during the party. (06/20/2007)

By hamhand

Outdoor Birthday Party For 12 Year Olds

No, bounce houses are great. I have them all the time. They mostly don't bounce though, they either play tackle football inside or they just tackle each other. I also had a dunk tank for my birthday, they'll love that if you get that too. (07/10/2007)

By casey

Outdoor Birthday Party For 12 Year Olds

I think for 20 kids, a haunted trail or woods with a bonfire and camping would be fun. (10/10/2007)

Outdoor Birthday Party For 12 Year Olds

I think a bouncing castle is a great idea, but to make sure her friends don't think it's lame follow these steps:

1. Get a BIG bounce castle
2. Sleepover in the bounce castle
3. Make sure bounce castle doesn't have any childish pictures on it (eg. barbie) (10/13/2007)

By need-help

Outdoor Birthday Party For 12 Year Olds

Well for my birthday (I'm 12 going on to thirteen) I'm having a guys and girls party. We are going to go on this bus that takes us anywhere we want to go. First we're going to laser tag, then swimming, then dinner, and we're going to go paint balling too. We're gonna pig out and eat and dance all night, and I can't wait. I'm already planning even though my birthday is in May next year. I just am too excited. I'm inviting all my girls and all my guys. (11/22/2007)

By cassiemybaby

Outdoor Birthday Party For 12 Year Olds

Your daughter can have a bounce house but she should have a lot of other mature games, just so that there is one kiddie bounce house and lots of other cool things. (11/28/2007)

By Good Advisor

Outdoor Birthday Party For 12 Year Olds

If the bouncy house thing is big enough, I'd say go for it. My birthday is coming up and I am going to have a family/boy girl party. Then the family and the guys will go home and the girls will stay the night. But if you do that, have an awesome cake and decorations. When the family and the guys leave, get a camera and one craft like a picture on a pillow case. It will be awesome! (03/05/2008)

By Mallory

Outdoor Birthday Party For 12 Year Olds

Play games and have a sleepover. Play hide the item. Bobbing apples, gossip, dance, contests, play, outside, cook, take a jog, etc. (04/20/2008)

By Hannah

Outdoor Birthday Party For 12 Year Olds

I love bouncy houses. I think that would be great! Also, I think survivor challenges would be good. (04/20/2008)

By Evolet

Outdoor Birthday Party For 12 Year Olds

I created a themed army party called mission impossible about a rocket that had been stolen and it was their mission to recover it. They all had to dress up like swat, even the mums and dads who helped set it all up. They had to find clues around an assault course that I had hired for the afternoon, and collect money which was hidden in the clues.

Then with the money they collected from the clues they had to bribe a boat man to take them to an isle where they had to find more clues for the missing rocket. They then had to make a raft and sail it back to shore. This took me 3 months to prepare, cost 200 pounds, but was worth every moment and penny. Think outside of the box people. (05/27/2008)

By andy b

Outdoor Birthday Party For 12 Year Olds

Well, she does sound a little too old, but why don't you try a water slide? (08/14/2008)

By Gabby

Outdoor Birthday Party For 12 Year Olds

I don't think she would be too old because that's something everyone can enjoy. When I had a bounce house, I had 28 year olds jumping on the thing. It would be fun with friends. (09/12/2008)

Outdoor Birthday Party For 12 Year Olds

Jumping Castle parties are awesome fun, it doesn't matter what age you are as long as you have a good castle. Great ones include:

-Jumping stairs
-Slide
-Walls

(11/13/2008)

Outdoor Birthday Party For 12 Year Olds

We are having a "drive in" in the driveway. Guests bring lawn chairs, and a movie shown outdoors against the garage doors (hanging white sheeting). Can invite both boys and girls. The "snack bar" will have popcorn and candy that the kids can "purchase" with tickets that were included with the invitation. (02/28/2009)

By Elise

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayMarch 27, 2005
Outdoor Wire Reindeer
Reusing Outdoor Wire Christmas Decorations
Kids gathered around cake at birthday.
14th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Four year old blowing out birthday candles.
4th Birthday Party Ideas
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 22, 2017 at 8:10:56 PM on 10.0.0.146 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.