Homeschool Group Party

The Homeschool group I belong too is kind of breaking a part because all the older kids are doing what they want but the rest of us who are mostly around 10-14 years old are still eager too have some group activities. I would like to try and have an Easter party but because we are all mostly older we don't want it to seem too kidish and hope to bring everyone together to restore the group.

May-Fairy from CA

Well, you could do "What Easter Means to Me?" and still have easter basket goodies. Even at 14, it is still nice to have a surprise, just tailored a little more to your age. Maybe 5-10 dollar gift cards or plants to grow.

How about an Easter "volunteer " project-make baskets for kids at a shelter, etc, then have their own little party and some goodies.

Why not hide some goodies around the yard and give them clues to try and find them. I have also put money (.25 - $1.00) in the plastic eggs for the older kids. Or put some "golden" plastic eggs and those that find them will get a bigger special prize. Or paper notes in the plastic eggs that will say something like "good for one free book from the bookstore, or a trip to the movies." My teenagers are girls -17 & 15 but its easy to get them involved. My nephews range from 12-17 and with the prizes being that good they don't like to miss out.

Holidays and Parties Parties AdviceMarch 20, 2006
Large Tray of Cheese and Crackers
Cheese and Crackers for a Large Group
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Playing Cards Costume
Mother tutoring her son.
Homeschooling Experiences
Sloppy joes for a large group.
Making Sloppy Joes for a Large Group