Potty Training

My dh and I have let our dd start wearing panties to bed at nite since she went one week without an accident in her pullup at nite. Now she has been about a week without accidents at nite, but is having at least one every morning after she goes to the bathroom first thing.

Can anyone give me some advice as to how to stop this? I really don't want to put her back in the pullups unless I have to. We are so close to no more diapers since we will soon be potty training our ds as well.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

By Jessica

Accidents are common, sometimes for up to a year or more after they are trained. It just happens....

Sorry about the cost of diapers and pull ups but...parents are often too anal about potty training. They'll be fine when they're ready!

Since she's doing fine at night and until after her first poddy of the morning why don't you just change her panties after the first oopsie and not make a big deal about it? That way she'll learn it's okay to have a boo boo and that all she has to do is change into fresh undies. Making a big deal out of it or putting the pullups back on might confuse/embarrass her and take that much longer to finish training. I am sure you wet your panties once in awhile in one way or another and simply change them. Treat this situation just the same.

Both my daughters went through a phase of wetting themselves during the day after they had been potty trained. I am not sure if it was a control issue, ie., something THEY controlled or not. It lasted about 2 weeks until they stopped doing it purposely.

Good luck!

I am 55 years old, on our youngest daughter, we used big girl panty liners most were small enough to help get her to the bathroom before she had a bad accident

A child's feet sitting on a toilet during potty training.
Potty Training Your Child
Parenting Toddler and Preschooler Potty TrainingApril 28, 2011
Young child's feet dangling as they sit on the potty.
Creative Potty Training Ideas
Toddler boy sitting on potty chair holding a book
Potty Training a Toddler
agility training for your dog
Agility Training for Your Dog
Cloth Diapers
Uses for Cloth Diapers
🎄