5 Year Old Having Accidents

Occasionally an older child will suddenly begin to have accidents. Determining the cause is critical to helping the child change this behavior. This is a guide about 5 year old having accidents.

5 year old boy with his hands in the air.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I seem to be having a sudden problem with my 5 year old moving her bowels in her pants. When asked why she does this she says she isn't getting there in time or she was playing and didn't stop. We have tried taking things away from her, putting her to bed, time outs, no tv but nothing seems to be working. It just doesn't seem to bother her. I am so frustrated and embarrassed as she is doing this in public. What can I do please give me some ideas.

Debbie from Berwick ME

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My 6 yr old son is still having bowel movements in his pants on a daily basis and today he did it at school so of course I had to pick him up and then while wearing pullups he did it two more times. We have taken him to a therapist who said we just need to be consistent and start a structured schedule with him (how do you do that when he is in school) and we have taken him to the Dr. at least 4 times now for the same reason, we have had him tested, he is not constipated but when he does it its like he doesn't care, it doesn't seem to bother him at all.

I am going to try some of the suggestions like making him clean his soiled clothes and himself and try not to make a big deal about it . We have even taken sports away from him because of this. Anybody got anymore suggestions. Please help.

Read More Answers...

My son just turned 5 yrs. old. He's been potty trained since he was 2 1/2 but just recently for about 3 or 4 months he's been going in his pants. Is something wrong with him? Should I take him to the doctor? Why do you think he's doing this? Could it be that he is too lazy to go to the bathroom? Please help.

By prov31woman08 from Denver, CO

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Look for something causing him great anxiety. Might be something obvious but it could be something you don't even know about. I'm a teacher and this is usually what it means. Don't let this go until you know what it is. Don't mean to scare you but, you just never know.

Read More Answers...
Parenting General Parenting AdviceJuly 31, 2013
Stainless steel pan.
Cleaning Melted Plastic Off a Pan
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
13 year old gift ideas
Gift Ideas for a 13 Year Old Girl
Ring of old keys.
Uses for Old Keys
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 4:35:45 PM on 10.0.0.30 in 510 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.