Use and Store Each Year's Photo Memory Card

Many of us now have digital cameras and if you are like me, the pictures rarely go any farther than the computer. We tend to buy the biggest memory cards that hold sometimes 600 pictures. I decided to buy the card that holds the least amount of pictures.

I purchase a new memory card each January and use it throughout the year. At the end of the year I will mark the card with 2008 and put it in our fire proof safe. The memory card acts as your negatives, if your computer crashes, you will have a backup be able to replace your treasured photos

By PICO from ST PAUL, ALBERTA

Good idea! Just remember that some memory cards get discontinued after a few years, when a new technology comes along. In ten or fifteen years, will you be able to use your same memory card reader? Possibly not. Perhaps you could burn the pictures to a CD (or DVD, if you have a burner), and store that in your safe as well. It can't hurt to have several methods of back-up!

That sounds like a good idea -- certainly smaller to fit in a safe than a stack of CD's. But I'm kind of confused --what if you take more pictures than your memory card will hold? Do you have multiple memory cards throughout one year?

Why not use a usb flash drive and keep adding pics to it. Just an idea.

I burn my pictures every month or two because I take a LOT of pictures with kids. I burn them twice. I keep one in my safe and I take one two my Dad's house. Just in case, God forbid, my house would ever burn and possibly melt the CD in my safe I have one off site.

i've done the same thing as Heather..flash drives. what an awesome wee invention....

I just download mine to the computer. Then I send them to an external hard drive for safe keeping. I don't have my external hard drive plugged in unless I need to remove things that I want to keep. I also just burn them off to a CD.

That is a good idea. You can also purchase a Pocket hard Drive for storing pics and documents. My mom does this and Purchased one for me aswell. We keep it in a fire safe box and download pic to it after any event . So we will never be missing any pics if there were a fire or lost camera

Pile of Unorganized Photos
Organizing Your Photos
Organizing PhotosJune 19, 2008
A pile of old photos.
Making a Photo Quilt
family photos
Making a Photo Calendar
Engagement Photo Ideas
Engagement Photo Ideas
🎄