GamesParties

Birthday Party Games

Category Games

I am having a party for my daughter this weekend, she will be ten. I rented a hall, but I don't really have any good games to play. Any ideas?

By Tina from Cleveland, OH

Allowing organized time for each: musical chairs, sock hop to favorite music, hula hoop to music contest, pea on plastic spoon pass to each other, who can blow up the most balloons in so many minutes.

Popular CD games are the hunt and find items mixed in with a lot of other items. Have a child look for a certain item without touching any of them within a certain amount of time. The one who finds an object sooner in the menagerie gets a prize.

You might find a book full of party ideas at the library or in their magazines.

I made this game up for my granddaughters 6 and 10 who were sharing their party. I bought a package of fake paper money at the dollar store and while the children were busy trying to break the pinata I crumbled them up so the denominations could not be seen and scattered the bills all around the yard.

After the children had their goodie bags from the pinata I lined them up and explained that they were to collect as many of the paper bills as quickly as they could until I called stop (could blow a whistle) I then counted how much " money" each had found by the denominations of the bills. The one with the most money had the first pick in a bag of prizes.

The kids, both boys and girls loved the game and each were able to get a prize. The caveat was they were told they could trade their prizes with each other. The children were from 6 years to 12 years and were all equally able to win.

Minute to win it games are always fun! Like cookie face or cup stacking. Just dance is a good one too!