Organizing Your Bathroom Counter

Bathroom counters are prone to being filled with various products. It can be difficult to find a way to organize these things in manner that makes the products you use daily easily accessible, and also keeps the area to looking tidy. This is a guide about organizing your bathroom counter.

November 5, 2010 Flag

I have a tip for those of us that still like to do dishes by hand. I was tired of looking at the bottle of dish soap on my sink, so I decides to get a cute pickle dish with 3 sections at the dollar store and place my sink items I use every day in it. I also got a lemon squirt bottle for my dish soap. That way you don't waste as much and no big bottle at your sink. You can use ketchup/mustard any refillable smaller bottle.

I know I could put it under my sink, but, with everyone using the sink, it's easier for us. I hope some one can use this idea!

By diva53d from Foymount, Ontario

Creative Sink Storage Ideas

I my dish washing liquid in a pump bottle. It is so much more convenient to give it a tap than to have to lift up a bottle of dish soap upside down every time I want some. It probably saves on the amount used too. You can use one you buy or recycle one from pump-type hand soap or other similar bottle.

I also put my cooking oil into a squeeze bottle (recycled dish soap bottles) for use when I only want 1 T. of oil in a fry pan, for example, making oil so much easier to dispense. A pump bottle could also work. But if one wants to measure out more than, say, 1/4 c. of oil, it would be easier to just pour it from the original container.

I really liked your sink tray idea! My sink always looked cluttered, I don't know why I didn't think of that! Thanks Diva53d

I also must say thank you to Halstein & GalThomas for their great ideas on reusing pump bottles for dish liquid & cooking oil, cudos for such frugal & easy to use ideas!

Luv ya!

1cheapdiva

Great idea, but I have don't have enough counter space, so I have to put mine in the cabinet under the sink. :(

I like it! I think I'll go buy one from Dollar Tree and spray paint it oil rubbed bronze just to jazz it up. Thanks for the tip!

October 26, 2009 Flag

Because we have a couple of our adult children living at home, I find there are too many different bars of soap lying around the bathroom. To keep them tidy and also to give a pretty look to the room I found a way to organize the sudsy mess!

I simply used a country looking container (I like enamelware, so I used a small enamelware piece, you could use a decorative square or rectangle "plate" or a pretty glass piece that you want to display, pewter, etc.) I laid pretty river rocks on the bottom (the bigger ones) on the bottom of the enamelware, and lined the soaps on top of the rocks. They are great for keeping the soap dry and look so nice!

By Joynchocolate from Landisville, PA

That is a pretty idea and I am going to do it too, I love rocks so much! Any new way to incorporate them into my life is a plus for me! Thank you so much for posting!

Blessings, Robyn from Tennessee

Super idea! Easy to keep clean too.

Marg from England.

Great idea! Thanks for sharing.

What a great idea. I secured my Xmas tree in a beautiful bucket with marble chips and it worked wonderfully. The "chips" are really small rocks. When I get my tree down (soon), I'll use some of the marble rocks for soap dishes! Thanks so much for sharing.

April 24, 2012 Flag

I had an extra silverware holder so I put it in the bathroom to organize things laying all over the sink.

Utensil Holder Bathroom Organizer

February 3, 2007 Flag

I have a small bathroom with limited space on the countertop. I have a cabinet under the sink but no drawers. Any ideas on how I can organize my things? My counter is cluttered with toothpaste, floss, combs, mouthwash, etc.

First go to Lowes or Home Depot for under the counter space savers. Very inexpensive and no tools/drilling required! Secondly I find that Mason Jars can be used for anything. You can get them at Wal*Mart for near nothing and decorate them up yourself w/ ribbons..etc. You could even look at yard sales for old ones w/ different hues.

I bought two plastic drawers and placed one on each side of the pipes beneath the sink. This creates a shelf on the top of the units. I can slide out the drawers to put items inside. It really works for me.

good luck

RE: Organizing a Bathroom Countertop

Post By Jonnie Cambron (Guest Post) (02/04/2007)

Sounds like a "train case" to me.

I hear a lot of suggestions to "buy" a solution. If you are like me and are trying your hand at less consumerism at big box stores, try repurposing something. I often have a lot of plastic kitchen storage containers that no longer seem to have their lids. These work great to hold small bathroom items under the cabinet or on shelves. I use a tea mug in the bathroom for toothpaste tubes, a bud vase for our toothbrushes and an old creamer for the hand mirror. We found an interesting (like-new) small shelf unit at a rummage sale for $2.00. I use an old basket that I had for the back of the toilet to put combs, powder, creams, etc in. They stay neat and organized this way and I can quickly access what I need in the morning. I hope I have stimulated your creativity to reduce, reuse, recycle things that you may already have to solve your organizational needs.

January 28, 2012 Flag

Individual items don't look like clutter if they are gathered on a tray or in a basket. Look around your home to see what you can find to use for that purpose. You may decide to include a candle or ribbon to dress it up a bit.

December 4, 2011 Flag

I still use one of the old chrome and metal mirrored bottom trays with chrome pipe sides. They are easy to clean and all the bottles, tubes and such are contained in a small area.

Organizing BathroomOctober 27, 2011
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors, Reflection in a mirror of boy drying his hair with a blow dryer.
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
Before photo of painted laminate countertop.
Polishing Counter Tops
Counter Top Dishwasher
Buying a Counter Top Dishwasher
🎄