Growing Plants in a Horse Trough

I have a horse trough and have tried different plants in it and they seem to never work. Just wondering what would work.
Thanks.

Peggy

By Peggy from Napa, CA

I live in WA State and I grow flowers in a water trough that we used to use for the cows. A metal one. I plant wild flower seeds in mine and they grow beautifully! The red Shirley poppies and the California poppies grow profusely!

If your trough is water tight you may be drowning your plants because there is no way for excess water to drain out. Try drilling some holes in the bottom and not watering so much.

Home and Garden Gardening Creative PlantersFebruary 14, 2010
Velveteen Blanket
Cleaning a Velveteen Horse Blanket
Horse Eating from Feed Bag
Saving Money on Horse Feed
Mare and Foal in a Corral
Saving Money on Horse Boarding
Rocking Horse
Recycled Rocking Horse Craft Ideas
🎄