Best Slug Repellent Ever

Get an easy to clean manual grinder (one used for grinding onions, etc.) (Look for at yard sales, second hand stores). Collect slugs (4-5 will do). Put in grinder top with water. Grind up. Put into bowl covered with cheesecloth. Put juice in a 2 litre pop bottle, top with water.

Use dollar store sprayer to spray the ground or poke holes in the cap and sprinkle the complete perimeter of your garden. (Wear rubber gloves to do this, you will not want this smelly solution on your hands). Repeat process after rain. Slugs (and lots of other annoying insects and animals such as flies, mosquitoes, cats and dogs hate the smell and will go elsewhere. It's inexpensive, vey effective (most importantly), and less time-consuming than going to the store for slug bait or emptying the slug traps.

I am a bit ashamed to admit I did enjoy grinding the slugs after what they did to my plants, you may experience this feeling too!

Source: I must have read this somewhere but it was so long ago that I do not know where it was. Probably a Readers Digest Problem Solver Book.

Jerry Baker, the garden "expert", suggests doing this for any bug problem. Apparently other bugs can smell that their kind has died there and are repelled by it? If the slugs smell so badly to all creatures, how do you stand the smell yourself? I can't even stand the smell of our garbage sack sitting right by the back door over night, and have to take it on out to the alley promptly instead. Lol God bless you. : )

Sounds like a winner....IF one can collect the slugs (mine are invisible in the mulch) and find a grinder.

Ewwwww, I dunno if I could do that! Grind them up, ewww! how would the food taste with that protien drink all over them?

Gosh, where did you find this idea? I think I would rather deal with slugs.

GOOD FOR YOU!!! I have been using "Bug Juice" for years - I also do not remember where I got the idea, read about it someplace I guess.

But instead of grinding, I blend! I get "garden blenders" at yard sales for about a buck. A blender is much quicker. Just pop the offending critter in the blender, add some water and presto, bug juice! and any bug will do.

Happy gardening!!!

I'd rather have the slugs.

Just put copper pennies in garden they will not cross over copper.

I couldn't do that. I think slugs are gross and don't like them at all but... this method just goes against the grain for me.

Sorry, I think that's awful.

Marg from England.

Slug eating a leaf.
Keeping Slugs Out of Your Garden
Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlJuly 18, 2008
Two kids standing in the rain wearing colorful rain boots.
Making Fabric Water Repellent
Mosquito Repellant
Mosquito Repellent Reviews
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
Ant Repellent
Ant Repellent Reviews