Uses for Yogurt Containers

I'm looking for interesting uses for everyday objects like yogurt containers.

Gloria from California

you can start seeds in them or you could put a piece of construction paper or wraping paper around them and put pens and pencils or paper clips q-tips cottonballs anything small would look good and you can keep your stuff organized

I use them to freeze individual servings of foods...especially something my DH don't like....I buy large gallon size cans of food...divide it up in individual servings...like applesauce...and freeze....the large size cans are much, much cheaper....I also use a butter tub to freeze food that I'll use more of.....

My sons & I always used yogurt cups for making a holiday gift for his teachers. It is a mini Christmas Tree. Start by wrapping the yogurt cup's outside with pretty wrapping paper, folding the top into the cup if necessary. We then filled it with dirt. Then we put in small cut branches of evergreen. Next we tied a bow of ribbon onto many of the evergreen tips. (We used the thin curling ribbon for gift wrapping.) It then resembles a miniature Christmas Tree. We usually tied a gold ribbon bow at the top for the star. This simple decoration was adored by all recipients. It lasted a long time, was small enough to keep on their desks or take home. And, it was not clutter, after it died off they could toss it out. Best of all, it's very thrifty & the child made it!

I make jello or instant pudding and pour it in them to make individual servings with a lid.

I reuse them as lunch box food containers. I use (& reuse) the press and seal stuff in addition to the lid to guard against leaks. Not only will you be recycling but, the containers help keep lunch from being crushed!

...drinking cups for the grand kids

...put water in them for rinsing paint brushes

...great for favors. Any craft that uses terra cotta pots can be adapted to the humble yogurt cup: Pilgrim hats, snowmen heads, etc.

...very useful for sorting things

...disposable containers for mixing small amounts of paints or plaster, etc.

have you seen that http://guavajellyforkids.com site - lots of ideas there!

Editor's Note: Although there are some free projects, many are for members only.

I found some Krylon spray paint made for plastic and painted my washed yogurt containers & lids for holiday cookie containers. No need to buy tins!