7th Birthday Party Ideas

Coming up with fun ideas for your child's birthday party is not always that easy. This is a guide about 7th birthday party ideas.

7th Birthday Party Ideas
Filter Sort

Question: Boy's 7th Birthday Party Theme Ideas

By mayet 1

What is the best theme for my son's birthday party, he's turning 7 years old?

By Mayet from Philippines

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By pesto345 1 Flag

OMG I totally love the detective game idea! The mystery of the missing cake, I already have in mind how I want to do this. Thanks for the great idea.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Ninja Birthday Party Ideas

By Michael H. 1

My son is really into ninjas. I can't think of any games that center around that. Any ideas?

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Mary Lou 14 765 Flag

You don't say how old he is. Maybe a Best Ninja stance contest, pin the sword on the ninja and like that.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Inexpensive Girl's 7th Birthday Party Ideas

By Amanda 1

I need ideas for an inexpensive birthday party for a seven year old girl. She wants bubbles.

By Amanda from Graham, TX

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Lee 6 111 Flag

Blow up your balloons and rub them on her head the static. It will make them stick to the ceiling.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 7 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

By Mary 1

I need ideas for a 7 year old's indoor birthday party.

By Mary from Chicago, IL

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Michele 18 64 Flag

Growing up in Brooklyn, most parties were inside. We always played musical chairs and pin the tail on the donkey. Another game we played was the parent who is hosting the party would put about a dozen items on a tray, for instance a rubber band, paper clip, a pen you get the idea. The kids would have 5 seconds to look at the tray, then would have to write down as many items that they remembered. The person who can name the most won. Maybe you can get a bunch of party hats and have the kids decorate them. When my son was turning 6, I had a sponge Bob party for him. I bought a bunch of yellow sponges, google eyes, felt and other craft odds and ends and I had the kids make their own Sponge Bob. Hope these ideas can help you out!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Archive: Games or Ideas for Birthday Party for 7 Year Old

I am going to be having a birthday party for my daughter in November which she will be 7 years old. Does anyone know of any neat games to play or treasure hunt ideas any suggestions will help.

Lori

Answers:

Foam Art

A fun activity for children of that age is to take the foam packaging from meat (wash in soap and hot water so nice and clean) and using wax crayons, make a lovely picture. When the pictures are done they can be put into the oven for about 3 or 4 minutes - the foam shrinks up and makes a fun party favor. (10/21/2004)

By Barbara

Pirate Party

In "The Complete Tightwad Gazette" which is available at most libraries, they go into detail about a pirate party for children involving a treasure hunt, cake design, and party decorations including building a pirate ship with old sheet sails, paper pirate flag, and a ship's wheel made from scrap wood. They also had several activities, take home giifts, and a budget listing how much it cost (under $10). (10/23/2004)

By Kelly

Treasure Chest

I found cute small treasure chests to fill with candy pieces and quarters and we are going to hide them around the yard. Also, I found a talking Pinata for only $14.99. (05/10/2005)

By Ellen

Count The Jelly Beans

Fill a jar with jelly beans make sure you know how many are in there. When each child comes in ask the how many they think are in there then at the end reveal who got the nearest to the actual total. That person gets the whole jar of jelly beans. (08/22/2006)

By jayde.

Archive: 7 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

I need birthday entertainment ideas for a 7 year old.

DC from Chicago, IL

Feedback:

RE: 7 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Find the Gum:
    2 adults hide 5 or more pieces of bubble gum. Each one hides it where you think the kids won't guess, but don't hide it up high where kids can't reach it.

You only need 10 pieces or more.

The first person to find the most gum wins. (04/23/2007)

By Anonymous

RE: 7 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Definitely check out supertreasurehunt.com (from TKGames.com). It's a really cool treasure hunt game that you can do for a birthday party or any party, really. You enter your information on the website, then it puts everything into code, and you print out the pages. You put in 10 clues for places around your house/yard/neighborhood, and the system tells you exactly where to put what.

It's hard to describe it, but definitely worth checking out. I would recommend this for kids ages 6+, though I understand the company is coming out with a pictorial version for littler kids. The difficulty of the clues you enter would make it harder or easier, since each word becomes a hieroglyph that must be "translated".

Anyhow, it's great fun. I've done it for a 7-year olds' party and it was perfect. (07/29/2007)

RE: 7 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Get the kids in a circle. Tell one to say "zip" and point to another person and they say "zap". That person then points to another kid and that person says "zoom" and start all over again.
    (08/09/2007)

By purple party

RE: 7 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

When I gave out invitations for my son's 7th birthday party I included "please bring a small stuffed animal to the party". When they arrive I will collect the animals for a "guess which animal belongs to which child" guessing game. The children 4 or so at a time can sit with a child designated as the guesser with the task of matching the animals to the owner.
    (01/11/2008)

By Kelly

RE: 7 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Some ideas to for a birthday that have proved successful at my house are: Jello eating contest with no hands, alphabet hunt (or you can use easy to read words) I used index cards made two copies of the alphabet each child got a letter to hunt for which were hidden around my house when they found their letter they traded for a piece of candy.

I also enlisted my teenage daughter for help with this game where I covered boxes with construction paper she built a tower at the top of the stairs for the children to throw a soft ball and knock them down. The kids loved it and waited in line for their turn which gave me a minute to breath. Another game for children to release their pent up energy is balloon volley ball. String balloons across a hallway or a doorway have each side have a different color balloon the object of the game is to get your team's color balloon to the other side. (01/11/2008)

By Kelly

RE: 7 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

I know a great idea for a 7 year old girl's birthday party. If your girl is a fan of princesses she'll love this idea:

You can name your little girl unofficial princess of whatever year it is. (Ex: Unofficial Princess of 2008) Let your princess choose what dress she would like to wear including a crown and maybe even a wand. You will also need to make a piece of paper with the princess's name on it.

At any time during the party get everyone together in the living room or any other room. Have someone be the host of the princess campaign. Have the host introduce the candidates and what royal kingdom they each came from. Give the other princess candidates silly names such as Princess Galogagoof. In case the host needs to stall because the princess can't get into her gown. See who will play along, and ask the people in the audience what kingdom they came from and what they like about their kingdom. When your princess is ready ask someone for the envelope (best be a parent). Then the host will announce that your princess has won.

This party idea was lots of fun, and we let our older daughter be the host. She brought in many laughs. I hope you will use this idea or it will help you think of a similar one.
    (01/13/2008)

By Gabbie

RE: 7 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Rent a pony, mini putt putt, skating, bowling alley, McDonald's, or rent a pool. (05/03/2008)

By Glenda

RE: 7 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Find The M and Ms. Instead of finding gum you find M and Ms. (05/04/2008)

By Amanda

RE: 7 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

My sister is turning 7 today and I am in charge of games for her party tomorrow. She is having a monkey luau party. We are going to dress up stuffed monkeys, play limbo, and play a game where we cut up a piece of banana and bury it under tons of whip cream, the first to eat the banana wins the game then we will take their picture with their faces covered in whip cream. When Molly is opening her presents we are playing a variation on spin the bottle. The people with the presents sit in a circle and then the birthday kid will spin the banana, in this case, and whoever she lands on is the person whose present she opens. (06/28/2008)

By Cali

RE: 7 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Games list:

• Balloon Challenge:
      We put challenges inside balloons and each team pops 3 balloons. Whoever finishes the challenges first wins a prize.
      Examples:
      • Pat your head and rub your tummy
      • Run around and shake everybody's hand one time
      • Sing Row Row Row Your Boat
    • Stand in a circle and everybody says the alphabet in order one by one until you get to Z
    • Put all your hands in the middle and shout 123 OH YEAH
    • Make a pyramid
    • Simon Says
    • Scavenger Hunt
    • Hide candy in random places outside and have the kids look for them. Whoever finds them gets to keep them.
    • Karaoke
    • Toilet Paper Mummy
    • Pass the Parcel
    • Limbo
    • Musical Chairs
    • Spin the Bottle for Presents
    My brother is having his birthday today, and I came up with this a few weeks ago, hope this helps even though the question was asked in 2007 and it is now 2008. I hope this will help anyone else who looks on this site. (07/01/2008)

By Manoura

RE: 7 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Go to a large area have treats (cupcakes or Popsicles), invite friends brothers and sisters, play games unplanned. My brother is turning 7 very soon. (07/07/2008)

By Zola

RE: 7 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

My little brother's birthday is coming up very soon. He requested a Spiderman party. He is turning 7. What to do, what to do? First off set a budget, theme, guest list, invitations, place, time, decorations, entertainment, food, and supplies. I'm thinking of making 7 cupcakes, frosted blue and red then making a spiderweb design on it. Food: English muffins, Peter Parker pizzas, and green Goblin jello. Then I'll just put out some Dr. Peppers and call it Sandman's muddy drink.

For games I will let them watch Spiderman movies, make up random games like pin the radioactive spider on Peter Parker. Let them squirt silly string at each other for a web fight. Decorations will include red and blue streamers, red and blue balloons and invitations will be on a piece of paper that says, "come on and swing on by to (child's name ) Spiderman birthday bash". It will be decorated with Spiderman stickers. Use your imaginations to make the kids day more fun. Kids use theirs all the time. Have fun.(12/30/2008)

By B . D

RE: 7 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Scrap-booking party. Take pictures of the party, activities, and guests and print them up during the last activity. Have an area ready with scrap booking materials, scissors that cut designs, stickers, ribbons, paste, etc., add the pictures you just printed, and give each guest their own page to design. At the end of the day, you'll have your child's birthday party scrapbook already completed. (02/01/2009)

By ccmommy

Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayFebruary 8, 2013
    ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
    Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
    Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
    Blue letter blocks spelling out happy birthday.
    17th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls
    12th Birthday Party
    12th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
    A plate of sushi at a Japanese themed birthday party.
    Japanese Themed Birthday Party Ideas
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 5, 2016 at 5:41:03 PM on 10.0.2.77 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestionsArchives
    NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
    Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
    BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
    CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings