Browsing: 7th Birthday Party Ideas

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

7th Birthday Party Ideas

Coming up with fun ideas for your child's birthday party is not always that easy. This is a guide about 7th birthday party ideas.

7th Birthday Party Ideas
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 26, 2015 Flag

My son is really into ninjas. I can't think of any games that center around that. Any ideas?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My sons used to play a tag game called Ninja. They would all start in a circle then jump back in their best ninja pose. After that, the game was basically freeze tag. I'll ask my sons if they remember any more concrete details. :)

If he is into the Lego Ninjago characters, the party is terribly easy as there is tons of merchandise out there. You could buy a few sets and have the kids play with them as a part of the party.

At seven, he will be thrilled with whatever "ninja" items you can find (foam swords or other weapons, black masks, dragons, Japanese decorations, red and black streamers, etc.). If you are doing a party at home, you could end it with a favorite ninja or martial arts movie.

You don't say how old he is. Maybe a Best Ninja stance contest, pin the sword on the ninja and like that.

October 9, 2010 Flag

What is the best theme for my son's birthday party, he's turning 7 years old?

By Mayet from Philippines

There are too many choices: Cars, Star Wars, and Toy Story are only a few. Think of the program or video your son really enjoys. Use that as your theme. You should be able to find items for any theme at your local party supply store.

If you can't think of anything else, try centering your son's party around his favorite color, or his pet if he has one. Have fun, and Happy Birthday to your son!

Ask your son what he wants as his theme, and involve him in the shopping for the plates and cake decorations and so on. It will make it more fun for him if he is in on the planning. Dinosaurs are something most 7 year olds are interested in.

When my daughter turned 7, we had a Scooby-Doo party, but you could simply make it a detective party. When the kids came in, we sat them down for a snack, to be followed by cake. I brought in an empty cake plate with a note saying it was their job to solve the Case of the Missing Cake. They had to work together to receive clues (for example, they played pass the parcel and the clue was in the final box they unwrapped). Eventually, the last clue led them to the (turned off) oven, which is where I had hidden the cake. You can make it as fancy or as simple as you want. (For instance, you could make reverse messages for them to read in a mirror.) It was a big hit and the kids loved working together versus competing. Good luck!

OMG I totally love the detective game idea! The mystery of the missing cake, I already have in mind how I want to do this. Thanks for the great idea.

November 10, 2010 Flag

I need ideas for an inexpensive birthday party for a seven year old girl. She wants bubbles.

By Amanda from Graham, TX

Go to a dollar store and buy a bunch of bubbles. Give them to the kids you invite to her party and ask them all to make bubbles while she blows out the candles. After singing happy birthday of course.

Blow up your balloons and rub them on her head the static. It will make them stick to the ceiling.

January 25, 2010 Flag

I need ideas for a 7 year old's indoor birthday party.

By Mary from Chicago, IL

First off is it for an boy or an girl party? You can rent an magician for the day to show them magic. Again for boys you can do that and have an party for him at chuck e cheese and make it simple. Or you can do an party at the local zoo and rent out an space. For an girl you can always do an princess theme and rent an princess lady come out and they do face paintings and games or an tea pot party for the girls.

Growing up in Brooklyn, most parties were inside. We always played musical chairs and pin the tail on the donkey. Another game we played was the parent who is hosting the party would put about a dozen items on a tray, for instance a rubber band, paper clip, a pen you get the idea. The kids would have 5 seconds to look at the tray, then would have to write down as many items that they remembered. The person who can name the most won. Maybe you can get a bunch of party hats and have the kids decorate them. When my son was turning 6, I had a sponge Bob party for him. I bought a bunch of yellow sponges, google eyes, felt and other craft odds and ends and I had the kids make their own Sponge Bob. Hope these ideas can help you out!

January 25, 2010 Flag

I need birthday entertainment ideas for a 7 year old.

DC from Chicago, IL

Answers:

7 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Find the Gum:
2 adults hide 5 or more pieces of bubble gum. Each one hides it where you think the kids won't guess, but don't hide it up high where kids can't reach it.

You only need 10 pieces or more.

The first person to find the most gum wins. (04/23/2007)

By Anonymous

7 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Definitely check out supertreasurehunt.com (from TKGames.com). It's a really cool treasure hunt game that you can do for a birthday party or any party, really. You enter your information on the website, then it puts everything into code, and you print out the pages. You put in 10 clues for places around your house/yard/neighborhood, and the system tells you exactly where to put what.

It's hard to describe it, but definitely worth checking out. I would recommend this for kids ages 6+, though I understand the company is coming out with a pictorial version for littler kids. The difficulty of the clues you enter would make it harder or easier, since each word becomes a hieroglyph that must be "translated".

Anyhow, it's great fun. I've done it for a 7-year olds' party and it was perfect. (07/29/2007)

7 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Get the kids in a circle. Tell one to say "zip" and point to another person and they say "zap". That person then points to another kid and that person says "zoom" and start all over again.
(08/09/2007)

By purple party

7 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

When I gave out invitations for my son's 7th birthday party I included "please bring a small stuffed animal to the party". When they arrive I will collect the animals for a "guess which animal belongs to which child" guessing game. The children 4 or so at a time can sit with a child designated as the guesser with the task of matching the animals to the owner.
(01/11/2008)

By Kelly

7 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Some ideas to for a birthday that have proved successful at my house are: Jello eating contest with no hands, alphabet hunt (or you can use easy to read words) I used index cards made two copies of the alphabet each child got a letter to hunt for which were hidden around my house when they found their letter they traded for a piece of candy.

I also enlisted my teenage daughter for help with this game where I covered boxes with construction paper she built a tower at the top of the stairs for the children to throw a soft ball and knock them down. The kids loved it and waited in line for their turn which gave me a minute to breath. Another game for children to release their pent up energy is balloon volley ball. String balloons across a hallway or a doorway have each side have a different color balloon the object of the game is to get your team's color balloon to the other side. (01/11/2008)

By Kelly

7 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

I know a great idea for a 7 year old girl's birthday party. If your girl is a fan of princesses she'll love this idea:

You can name your little girl unofficial princess of whatever year it is. (Ex: Unofficial Princess of 2008) Let your princess choose what dress she would like to wear including a crown and maybe even a wand. You will also need to make a piece of paper with the princess's name on it.

At any time during the party get everyone together in the living room or any other room. Have someone be the host of the princess campaign. Have the host introduce the candidates and what royal kingdom they each came from. Give the other princess candidates silly names such as Princess Galogagoof. In case the host needs to stall because the princess can't get into her gown. See who will play along, and ask the people in the audience what kingdom they came from and what they like about their kingdom. When your princess is ready ask someone for the envelope (best be a parent). Then the host will announce that your princess has won.

This party idea was lots of fun, and we let our older daughter be the host. She brought in many laughs. I hope you will use this idea or it will help you think of a similar one.
(01/13/2008)

By Gabbie

7 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Rent a pony, mini putt putt, skating, bowling alley, McDonald's, or rent a pool. (05/03/2008)

By Glenda

7 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Find The M and Ms. Instead of finding gum you find M and Ms. (05/04/2008)

By Amanda

7 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

My sister is turning 7 today and I am in charge of games for her party tomorrow. She is having a monkey luau party. We are going to dress up stuffed monkeys, play limbo, and play a game where we cut up a piece of banana and bury it under tons of whip cream, the first to eat the banana wins the game then we will take their picture with their faces covered in whip cream. When Molly is opening her presents we are playing a variation on spin the bottle. The people with the presents sit in a circle and then the birthday kid will spin the banana, in this case, and whoever she lands on is the person whose present she opens. (06/28/2008)

By Cali

7 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Games list:

My brother is having his birthday today, and I came up with this a few weeks ago, hope this helps even though the question was asked in 2007 and it is now 2008. I hope this will help anyone else who looks on this site. (07/01/2008)

By Manoura

7 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Go to a large area have treats (cupcakes or Popsicles), invite friends brothers and sisters, play games unplanned. My brother is turning 7 very soon. (07/07/2008)

By Zola

7 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

My little brother's birthday is coming up very soon. He requested a Spiderman party. He is turning 7. What to do, what to do? First off set a budget, theme, guest list, invitations, place, time, decorations, entertainment, food, and supplies. I'm thinking of making 7 cupcakes, frosted blue and red then making a spiderweb design on it. Food: English muffins, Peter Parker pizzas, and green Goblin jello. Then I'll just put out some Dr. Peppers and call it Sandman's muddy drink.

For games I will let them watch Spiderman movies, make up random games like pin the radioactive spider on Peter Parker. Let them squirt silly string at each other for a web fight. Decorations will include red and blue streamers, red and blue balloons and invitations will be on a piece of paper that says, "come on and swing on by to (child's name ) Spiderman birthday bash". It will be decorated with Spiderman stickers. Use your imaginations to make the kids day more fun. Kids use theirs all the time. Have fun.(12/30/2008)

By B . D

7 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Scrap-booking party. Take pictures of the party, activities, and guests and print them up during the last activity. Have an area ready with scrap booking materials, scissors that cut designs, stickers, ribbons, paste, etc., add the pictures you just printed, and give each guest their own page to design. At the end of the day, you'll have your child's birthday party scrapbook already completed. (02/01/2009)

By ccmommy

December 6, 2006 Flag

I am going to be having a birthday party for my daughter in November which she will be 7 years old.

Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayFebruary 8, 2013
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
12th Birthday Party
12th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
A plate of sushi at a Japanese themed birthday party.
Japanese Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Red Carpet
Red Carpet Themed Birthday Party Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 7:37:49 PM on 10.0.2.241 in 6 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.