Middle School Dance Theme Ideas

This guide is about middle school dance theme ideas. When planning a school dance, you want to choice a theme that is fun, easy and inexpensive to decorate for.

March 28, 2007 Flag

I need some ideas for a May 4th 6th-8th grade dance theme. I don't want Cinco de Mayo. Also, what could we incorprate into the dance?

Nikki from Sacramento

Best Answer

Well myself being an 8th grader, we had a dance this past Saturday night. We did a dancing with the stars theme and it looked really cool so try it and see how cool it looks. But we did not all have dates but we still had a great time with friends and waited for a guy to ask us to dance. None of my friends nor me got asked but we had a blast as just friends.

Best Answer

We have had quite a few dances and the best one so far has been the 80's dance parent were dressed up and kids and everyone listened to the music from that time too. Another good dance theme was our favorite movie characters. but make sure you got a good dj otherwise it'll suck, trust me! And the other thing is you'll have some people bringing it down but try to include them in whatever even if it means dancing with people you don't know or like it is cool to meet new people anyway!

Best Answer

Well A rock and roll theme is great and that ways boys and girls go...plus its inexpensive cuz all u need is a dj, a teacher who will go around with a camera, some cheap possibly home-made decorations and food and drinks...ok maybe it could be a little pricey, but its totally worth it...and that way all the popular girls wont know how to dance to rock so it might let others show off their moves...oh yea

Best Answer

I own and operate my own DJ biz and I do a lot of school dances, I buy cheap beach balls and throw them into the crowd as the kids are dancing, It's fun to see how long they will stay in the air. I also throw out about 150 glow bracelets into the crowd (not all at once of course) the kids love the glow bracelets and they are cheaper than the glow necklaces. I try to find the beach balls in the school colors!

I wanted to know if you guys had any ideas for a WINTER theme? The name of the dance is going to be called "Winter Wipeout", and I just wanted to know if you guys had any ideas.

At my old school in Silverton, OR we had so much fun. we had a DJ we had NO parents. but we did have the teachers. We could do what ever we want. We could get our pix taken with all our friends. Now I'm at a school that can't even afford a DJ it's so stupid.

We are having a valentines dances and we are thinking of ideas but we might do a blackout dance with only a little bit of light, or have a Chocolate Fountain! O ya baby!

My school did a neon dance! Incredibly fun!

July 24, 2009 Flag

We are having a dance at my school on May 4th. I am chairperson of this dance and that date is my birthday. I want this dance to be the most fun yet. It is 6th-8th grade dance. I don't want a Cinco de Mayo theme or a formal. Does anyone have any good ideas?

Nikki from Sacramento, CA

Answers:

Dance Theme Ideas

Just a two suggestions for your dance:

1. luau type theme
  2. blast from the past (sock hop, 50s, 60s, 70s, or 80s, etc.)

Hope this helps some. Have fun and enjoy yourself.
(04/12/2007)

By Darlene

Dance Theme Ideas

I am having a Grecian themed party for my 15 year old son in one week. Everyone, with proper undergarments, will wear a sheet, we will have columns placed randomly, finger food, soda, and water. I have collected prizes for the best toga, a dance contest and things like that. I asked the teens what they wanted to do and that ensures that all will have fun. (04/13/2007)

By airmom

Dance Theme Ideas

I was thinking maybe a "What I Want to be When I Grow Up" dance. You could come as a teacher or doctor or any profession, and make it fun too. If someone wants to be a lawyer, they could carry a briefcase and "talk on their cell phone". A doctor could go around diagnosing everyone. You could ask the chaperons (do they still have them?) to dress as the profession that they wanted to be when they were your age. You could have fun with this, I think. Anyway have a great party.

Heather

(04/13/2007)

By CHEAPERTHANCHEAP

Dance Theme Ideas

Since "Dancing with the Stars" is big right now that could be the name. And fill the room with twinkle lights (white Christmas lights) all over the ceiling, etc. You could also make big elaborate stars to hang everywhere. This could really help keep it simple and affordable. (04/14/2007)

By Sarah

Dance Theme Ideas

My son's church just did a dance for the youth with the theme of Super Heroes. They decorated the room with different super heroes and kids came dressed as their favorite one. (04/16/2007)

By threegetts

Dance Theme Ideas

Dances are extremely fun, even more so when they can be really pretty. A great theme is "Starry Starry Night" or "A Night on the Town", or "The City at Midnight", (only without all the creepy characters like muggers). All of the focus is mainly the same. Lots of stars around and black and blue streamers, white Christmas lights and twinklie (once again not a word, but I'm almost done) things. The planning board (or at my school it's student council ) can make small buildings with lights and bridges and stuff out of cardboard, paint them black with white and yellow windows. It's extremely easy to make, just takes a bit of extra time. (06/27/2007)

By Withheld

Dance Theme Ideas

Starry Night was used a lot this year, but I think fire and ice colors would be cool. I hope that helps a lot. (12/21/2007)

By Jamie

Dance Theme Ideas

Have an "school name" Idol theme dance. Students enter, ask them if they'd like to fill out a ballot to sing in front of everyone like they would on American or Canadian idol. On the hour, one person preforms and then 3 representatives from student council could be Simon, Randi, and Paula. They get judged. At the end there can be a prize for the "school name" Idol. Cool decorations and stuff all around and an autograph table at the end for the participating people. It'd be a cool night. (02/04/2008)

By jaypraught

Dance Theme Ideas

(02/27/2008)

By Susie

Dance Theme Ideas

My school had a Black Out Party and it was so much fun. We did all Black streamers, balloons, and we even blacked out the windows. And in the middle we had one Gold panther (our school mascot.) (04/18/2008)

By Hannah

Dance Theme Ideas

I live in Australia and I have a dance coming up in May sometime, our theme is "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie". But these themes are great. I'll let you know how it goes.

1. Gender swap (man, I love this one)
  2. Emos and Barbies
  3. Superheroes and Villains
  4. Nerds and Jocks
  5. Rockstars
  6. Old School
  7. Bring back the 80s
  8. The Haunted Mansion (people can dress up as ghosts and zombies and all that)
  9. The Future
  10. Greasers (like the people off the musical Grease)

Our school has done all these and I have been to every single one of them, and I have to tell you they are all great fun. I recommend all of them. (04/29/2008)

By Linden L.

Dance Theme Ideas

A good idea for junior high dances is to have a member of the high school student council be your DJ and have a computer hooked up to speakers. Let kids request songs and play edited versions off You Tube. It works great because everyone gets to dance to their favorite songs. (05/06/2008)

By metoknow

Dance Theme Ideas

Well, we have church dances and here are some themes we do:

Or you could do school colors, look online for random holidays, and country themes like France, Cuba, Canada, etc. I hope I could be of some help. (06/20/2008)

By Olivia B.

Dance Theme Ideas

We did the Olympic theme last year and it was amazing. All the kids came dressed in their favorite sport attire. We even had the principle run into the school to the theme music with a torch to light the fire and start the dance. We had pictures and info of previous and current Olympiads all around for decorations. The Olympic training center in Colorado Springs lent us some wonderful banners and great giveaways. One of our best events yet. (09/24/2008)

By Heather

Dance Theme Ideas

(12/02/2008)

By Stephen

Dance Theme Ideas

Cinco De Mayo (Spanish for fifth of May).

Have a fiesta. (12/09/2008)

By Erin L.

Dance Theme Ideas

Well our school has done:

(02/14/2009)

By Ryan

Dance Theme Ideas

We did:

(03/30/2009)

By toadroxx_98

April 15, 2008 Flag
Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.

March 28, 2007 Flag

November 29, 2006 Flag
Holidays and Parties Parties School Dance ThemesSeptember 28, 2016
daddy daughter dance ideas
Planning a Daddy Daughter Dance
3 girls at a homecoming dance.
Homecoming Dance Ideas
Middle School Survival Kit
Making a Middle School Survival Kit
High School Dance
Dance Theme Ideas
🎉
🎄