Downloading Music

I want to download music and someone told me about Bear Share, then another person said I would get all kinds of viruses if I did use Bear Share. Does anyone download music? If you do what do you use?

By notwrong

I download music all the time. I find what I want on Pirate Bay http://thepiratebay.org/ and I use a program called BitTorrent to download them. Do a search on Bit Torrent and you will find a tutorial about Torrent files and somewhere you can download BitTorrent I'm sure.

Good Luck

Free MP3 Converters: http://www.google.com/search?source ... 50&q=mp3+converter+free+download

I download music from Amazon.com and have had really good luck with them. Sometimes you can even just download 1 song, rather than the whole album. The price may have gone up; but the last time I used them, it was about 99 cents for 1 song and about $6 or $7 for an entire album. Good luck!

I use itunes, it is 99 cents a song and about 7 to 10 dollars for a whole CD. I like them very much. There are no viruses. I know people that use bear share and they get so many viruses from them because you are allowing people access to your hard drive. If they have viruses now, you have one. I will not use them or any like them. I will only use ones that you pay for because it is illegal to use the other ones and I do not want to steal. I make and sell soap. I would not want someone to steal from me. I work hard at what I do and I am sure that the artists work hard as well and deserve to be paid for that.

I for years used 'Kazaa Lite' I am not the tween, teen or savvy twentysomething kids who grew up on such instant music, so I trusted this site. It gave me such a virus that I had to take my computer to Geek Squad to have them re do everything. My motherboard and hard drive were zapped. Not sure if Kazaa did it, but it happened not too long after I d/l a lot of songs off that site.

Well, that got me thinking. I want to expand my library, download music, but do it the right way. After a bit of looking and googling, I now belong to two clubs: Emusic, and Napster. Napster has gone legit. Emusic's monthly rates vary, you can download as little as 5 or so a month to over 100 for various charges. They also have audio books. (the audio books have the same choices as music, you can download a little or a lot for a sliding monthly scale).

Napster has the better choice musically, but I used my 60 downloads. (60 dollars a year, 60 downloads, and when you run out, you can purchase cards at a store or purchase albums online that will be charged to your c/c that you have registered with them.) I bought an album I have been wanting for under ten that goes for almost twice that in the stores, if you can find it.

So, stay away from those 'free' sites. Go with what is reputable, look for the BBB (better business bureau) logo somewhere on their site, and sometimes the things that are free tend to cost the most.

Good luck.

Peace

KLS

May 23, 2010 Flag

Does anyone download music off the net? Which program do you use?

djcwa from Vancouver, WA

Answers:

Downloading Music

I have two that I use, limewire is one, and the other is WinMX. I don't know how to convert to an MP3, but I just don't download anything, but MP3s.
You could go to Google and maybe find a forum that can help you with that information.
(10/26/2006)

By Harlean from Arkansas

Downloading Music

I'd never use a file sharing program online. But I do have a subscription for Napster, unlimited "rental" of downloads to my MP3 player for $14.95 a month, legal, ethical, and perfectly safe. Worth every penny if you like to listen to a lot of music. I love it. (10/26/2006)

By mef1957

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Girl Downloading Music
Tips for Downloading Music
Computers Internet TipsMay 23, 2010
Decoupaging a dresser with old sheet music.
Decoupaging Furniture With Sheet Music
Closeup of a woman playing keyboard
Saving Money on Music Lessons
Bride and Groom Planning Wedding Music
Saving Money on Wedding Music
Dracula and a witch dancing.
Halloween Music Ideas
🎉
🎄