Dishpan Sandbox

Now that is is getting so hot and also rainy here, I am going to buy a dishpan at the dollar store and some play sand at Walmart (the $2.50 kind) and give it as a present to the little ones who come over to play. It will be on the patio in an area where it doesn't matter if sand gets out. The sand toys at the dollar store are adorable too. I think this will be a fun activity for them. They were out playing with homemade dough the other day, and the dog got some, and well, I won't go into the details, but now I am getting a sandbox for them to play in.

Children really get a lot of feedback from things like manipulating sand and other kinds of materials through their little hands. Of course mine are not little, but they still love playing with sand. I am also going to borrow a little of the sand and put it in a jar with some sea shells. For some reason, sand and sea shells make me very happy!

By Robyn Fed from Hampton TN

Boy! I sure would like to come play at your house.

Sand and seashells makes me happy too! Hope the kids have a blast! Have a great summer too!

eva

We do something similar at our house. Rather than a dishpan, we put play sand into one of those long skinny tote-boxes. We use this as our "indoor sandbox", especially in the winter months. The one advantage of using a tote container is that it comes with a lid. (Having a lid is helpful in a house with cats. You don't want your cats using the toy sandbox as a litter box!)

Parenting Toddler and Preschooler ActivitiesJuly 29, 2010
🎄