What Is The Name Of This Flame Plant?

This is a beautiful plant but I don't know what it's called. Doesn't it look like a plant of flames?

It's stunning. It was flowering in my best friend's garden this summer. Perhaps a fellow member might know it's name?

By Monique from Somerset, UK

That is a Lotus Vine (Lotus berthelotii). Also known as Parrot's Beak. (The water lily-like plant from East India we call Lotus is actually a Nelumbo.) It's a perennial is warmer climates. We use it in hanging baskets here on the West Coast of North America. It doesn't always bloom for us, which I think may be either a lack of heat or humidity issue. I like the foliage well enough to grow it anyway.

Thank you so much Ashley, a wealth of information! I will pass this on to my friend who will be delighted to finally know what it is. Thank you so much for posting for me.

Best wishes

Monique

Does anyone know where I can get one of these plants? I'm on the east coast of FL. It should do well here

"Lotus" is definitely in the water lily species. This is a Parrot's-beak ( Clianthus puniceus), an evergreen clambering vine. Hardiness zone 9-10. Plant in full sun!

Home and Garden Gardening MiscellaneousDecember 3, 2008
House Fire
Homemade Flame Retardant
Living room with nice interior design.
Name Ideas for Interior Design Businesses
Home Decor Shop
Name Ideas for a Home Decor Shop
Choosing Baby Names
Choosing a Baby Name
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 17, 2017 at 1:38:43 PM on 10.0.2.150 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.