A user asking: I need a recipe on making dumplings with Bisquick. Here are the answers that were sent it.
From my box of Bisquick in the cupboard:
- 2 1/4 cups of original Bisquick mic
- 2/3 cup milk
- Stir Bisquick mix and milk til soft dough forms.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto boiling stew or soup.
- Reduce heat and cook uncovered 10 minutes.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes longer.
Yield: 10 dumplings
(It is the same direction on the box as for biscuits, only with different baking instructions.)
Original Bisquick Dumpling
- 2 C Bisquick
- 2/3 C milk
- Mix ingredients with fork. Spoon dough onto boiling stew.
- Cook, uncovered, over low heat 10 minutes; cover and cook 10 minutes longer.
Makes 10 to 12 dumplings.
Easy Chicken and Dumplings
My favorite Bisquick recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups fat free milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup cooked cut up chicken (large cubed)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (we use cream of celery)
- 1 Cup Bisquick
- 1/3 cup milk
- Mix together first four ingredients, heat in large saucepan or skillet with a lid.
- Gently mix together the mix and the milk (We double this part, and use a light hand, as over mixing will make the dumplings tough) and top chicken mixture with dumplings dropped from tablespoon.
- Cook 10 minutes more on low and then cover and simmer for 5 more minutes, serve
I have also baked this version, but topped the dumplings with melted butter brushed on. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes. Watch them so the dumplings don't burn.
Another added treat is to add 1/2 grated cheese to the biscuits!