Clothespin Turkey Magnets and Place Card Holders
I came across an adorable clothespin turkey craft on Pinterest and I had to make some. The nice thing about these is that every one can be unique. They are fairly simple to make and are perfect for Thanksgiving. I decided to turn mine into dinner name place card holders and magnets. I'll definitely be making some more before turkey day! They are my favorite decoration so far and I think the family will love having the holders on the table!
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 4 turkeys
- 4 clothespins (2 regular and 2 no-roll)
- 1-4 different color craft paint (optional)
- paint brushes (optional)
- 1-4 different color markers
- 2 small white cards (business card size)
- 2 craft magnets
- 8 small wiggle eyes
- card stock (1/4 sheet of orange and red)
- 12+ craft feathers (not pictured)
- hot glue gun with sticks
- If you want your clothespins to be colored, use the markers or paint and allow to dry. If you prefer the natural wood, go to step two.
- Cut out a beak from the orange paper and a snood (the thing hanging over the beak) from the red for each clothespin. Use hot glue to attach those, along with wiggle eyes. I simply cut out triangles for the beaks and teardrops for the snoods.
- Hot glue feathers to the back top of all clothespins. Also hot glue magnets on the back of the two no-roll clothespins. You might have to add another magnet if the feathers weigh the turkeys down. Display them on your fridge or other magnetic surface. I decided to move my favorite to my front door, which you see in the main photo.
- For the two name place cards, write a guest's name on each. Clip a clothespin to each card, displaying the names. Place them at the table!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!