ThanksgivingCrafts

Clothespin Turkey Magnets and Place Card Holders

I came across an adorable clothespin turkey craft on Pinterest and I had to make some. The nice thing about these is that every one can be unique. They are fairly simple to make and are perfect for Thanksgiving. I decided to turn mine into dinner name place card holders and magnets. I'll definitely be making some more before turkey day! They are my favorite decoration so far and I think the family will love having the holders on the table!

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 4 turkeys

Source: Pinterest

1. If you want your clothespins to be colored, use the markers or paint and allow to dry. If you prefer the natural wood, go to step two.
  2. Cut out a beak from the orange paper and a snood (the thing hanging over the beak) from the red for each clothespin. Use hot glue to attach those, along with wiggle eyes. I simply cut out triangles for the beaks and teardrops for the snoods.
  3. Hot glue feathers to the back top of all clothespins. Also hot glue magnets on the back of the two no-roll clothespins. You might have to add another magnet if the feathers weigh the turkeys down. Display them on your fridge or other magnetic surface. I decided to move my favorite to my front door, which you see in the main photo.
  4. For the two name place cards, write a guest's name on each. Clip a clothespin to each card, displaying the names. Place them at the table!