Mother's Day Gift Ideas for a Mom in a Nursing Home

Category Gifts
Choosing an appropriate gift for a mom residing in a nursing home can be difficult. This is a guide about Mother's Day gift ideas for a mom in a nursing home.

My mom is in a nursing home and Mother's Day is right around the corner. I started out giving her pictures but everyone else has followed suit and her room is so full. Any ideas what I could give her as a remembrance? Please help!

Karen from Clemmons, NC

Answers

Best Answer

Pretty-smelling sachets to put in her drawers to make her clothes smell good would be nice.....

Best Answer

Before my mom passed, we all (her kids) got together and made her a tape of each of us talking to her. Each of us had our own time on the tape, and talked and laughed about just about everything. Toward the end of the tape, we talked to each other about what a wonderful mom we had. She listened to that tape for months, and it gave her much pleasure. The workers at the nursing home though it was great for her. Margeth from Michigan

Best Answer

a calendar with family photos and everyones birthdate and anniversary dates written in for her will make her smile! or what about a photo album for her to pull out and look at that you put together, or a scrap book of special events in her life?

My mom loves to pull out her anniversary book and look through it. She has no more wall space, but does treasure the photos.

If your Mom likes to send cards, get her a box of all purpose cards and stamps. Then she can send birthday cards, sympathy cards, etc. Also, if she likes to read a magazine subscription would be nice. If she is unable to read you may wish to check on talking books. Linda