Organizing Your Bedside Table

Category Bedroom
It's easy to get a nightstand cluttered with all the things you may need through the night. This is a guide about organizing your bedside table.

I sleep on a day bed in the living room of my tiny apartment. I don't have a night stand with drawers and such. I was tired of constantly getting up for things I needed when I just got comfortable. So I came up with this. The little 3 drawer units give me all the room I need and a way to separate it all, too. You can get it new for $4.50, or used for way less.

The top drawer is for stylus pen, scissors, nail clipper, file, tissues, chap stick, flashlight, etc.

The middle is for pens, note paper, highlighter, card deck, calculator, etc.

The bottom is for the remotes. As a person who likes to find things when they need them, this has been a real boon for me.

If you suffer from any kind of joint damage, you know how hard it is to get in and out of bed just to file down a jagged nail or moisten your lips. N-JOY!

Top Comment

I have three of these on bathroom closet shelves, but never considered them for the small bookcase beside my bed. There is just room enough for one there. Thanks. You have some great ideas!

Top Comment

Then my work here is done!!

My DH is handicapped and he has a terrible time turning over his drink by the bedside. He loves to drink flavored drinks made with Splenda as he is a diabetic. But I cringe at the thought of him turning his glass over and staining the light blue carpet with his drink. I have come up with a great way to keep his drink safe and handy for him.

I salvaged from my company office trash bin a coffee creamer container (Coffee Mate) that has a flip snap top on it. The top will screw off and I can fill the container with his drink. As an added bonus I can freeze water in the bottom and then fill it with his drink so it will be cold. I think this is great! Now he can set his drink by the bed and snap the top shut when he is not drinking it. Great for kids too!

By Jonnie C.

By Linda. (Guest Post)
Top Comment

I'm a restless sleeper so I often knock things off the nightstand, too. The only way I will keep a drink on the nightstand is in a water bottle with a sipper cap. I can fill it with any beverage I want. Or, make a pocket that will slip between mattress and box spring and put the water bottle in it. Then it won't leave a ring on your nightstand or be knocked off!

Top Comment

I use a thermal coffee travel mug with the large base designed to sit on the car's dashboard. My beverage stays nice and cold and is almost impossible to knock over.