How do you make non-dairy Yogurt?

Can anyone tell me how to culture non-dairy yogurt? It is available in some healthfood stores but it is very expensive.

You can make yogurt with soy milk in exactly the same way as you do with dairy milk - either buy a dried ferment to start it or use one teaspoonful of a dairy yogurt in each pot. Once the first batch is made you can continue using a teaspoonful of the last soy yogurt for the next batch. It ferments in the same way and the yogurt is delicious. Add vanilla, sweetening, fruit etc. if wanted, or eat plain or with honey.
Gill

By Debi (Guest Post)

I love this idea. I am highly allergic to dairy and soy as well. Any other suggestions? Also, not sure what you mean about purchasing ferment? I guess they will know in the Health Food Stores. Please help! Thanks.

By Debi (Guest Post)

Appreciate the idea as I am allergic to dairy and soy? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

By Dale (Guest Post)

So if it grows in soy, can it grow in other stuff like nut milks, fruit pruees etc. anything other than soy and milk?

😷
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf285954.tip.html