Cleaning Out The Refrigerator

Tips for cleaning out the fridge. Post your ideas.

When cleaning out the refrigerator I put all the stuff to be thrown out into those Walmart bags that we all collect. I always double or triple the bags and put into the kitchen garbage. This keeps for at least one day while I continue to clean and also put any garbage from meals into the can. I then can wrap up the whole kitchen trash and add the bathroom too, which I also put the walmart bags into.

By RoseMary

Any leftovers that are too "old" for us to eat, I give to our dogs. If you do not have a dog, keep an ice cream pail in the freezer and save the old leftovers for a friend or relative's dog.

When we had rabbits, the "bunny food" that was older went to the rabbits. Now, the old lettuce and salad stuff can go into the compost pile or just into the garbage.

After cleaning out your refrigerator, dampen a cloth or clean sponge with white vinegar and wipe down the walls and shelves in the fridge. It will both cut down odors and help prevent mildew.

By Racquel (Guest Post)

Hi, I need to sell my old fridge. What's the best way to clean it thoroughly as well as eliminating the bad smell? Somebody said to use charcoal and baking soda? Thanks.

First you have to clean everywhere you can reach (vinegar, comet cleanser, Baking soda, bartender's friend, whatever you prefer)... Then the magic: Cinnamon oil on paper towels, crumpled into cups. Run the fridge a day or more.The scent circulates everywhere you can't reach or see, killing mold, mildew, and any other disgusting odor.

I got mine from the pharmacy counter at Walgreens but later noticed it was imitation cinnamon oil so getting the strongest cinnamon scent from anywhere should work