PrintersComputers

Print Preview to Save Paper

Before printing a document off the Internet, do a print preview. Many times the last page is nothing more than the icons at the bottom of the web page. You can save on paper by selecting to print one fewer page than is listed.

After watching the paper supply dwindle on my printer, I surely do appreciate your helpful tip.

Try instead to highlite the area you want to copy, this includes photos and then press Control button (bottom left usually) and C then move to your Microsoft write program (W) and on a new paper press Control V. You don't need all the extra garbage on you copy, great for recipes and other things.

This post is for Josh. Since I am bsically computer illeterate, I didn't understand a word you said!! If you should check out thrifty fun again, I would love a clearer explaination. Judy in Alabama

Totally agree with Josh. Highlight the area you want, then select 'Selection' when the printing marque opens... don't forget, you can also print on the back sides of the paper! if your printing selection is short enough [i.e. electronic banking]; you can get 4 transactions per sheet [once verified, you can shred 1 sheet with the 4 transactions, saves emptying the shredder too. :)

If your printer is HP compatible, download "HP Smart Web Printing"....this is a fantastic paper saver. You can copy and paste only what you want, and have it print out to your satisfaction; that includes visiting several different web sites, all on one printout.

I do this all the time. Especially when printing greeting cards. I use the print preview to make sure my card has what I want on it & where it belongs. If the card isn't right then you can add or make changes before printing them off.