SoftwareComputers

Best Checking Account Software

What is the best software for checking accounts? I have a total of 3.

By Lesia from Roseland, LA

I utilize Microsoft Excel. I have two spreadsheets (templates) for two accounts that I duplicate for each month. Unless you want to be able to print out checks a good spreadsheet program is all you need.

I use Microsoft money. It keeps everything in order and you can balance your checking with your bank statement via download. It's also great for income tax time because everything you need is right there in categories that you have assigned.

I like Microsoft Money. It is so easy to use.

I'm with Suntydt. Excel works best for me. Because I wasn't very good with Excel when I started out 3-4 years ago, a friend actually set up the spreadsheet for my checking account. From there, I simply saved the file under a new name to create my savings passbook spreadsheet. I don't print checks, though, and I'm too low-income to need the added info MS Money provides for tax purposes.

The best thing about Excel for me is that it's compatible with the screen-reading software I use. I just change one setting that tells Excel to read the column titles to me. I could set it to read row titles too, but that would be TMI for my needs.