Birthday Party With A Pirate Theme

My grandson was turning five and wanted a pirate party. My son is twenty-two years old and his old jungle gym is still standing in perfect condition; after reviewing it, I decided that would be the perfect spot for "walk the plank". I got a 2x4 and ran it across the ends of the steps with enough room so that the board can move like a diving board. I filled up a pool knee high with water for the children to jump into. This was called "Shark Cove".

Oh, by the way, I also designed the jungle gym to resemble a ship that got ship wrecked. I used tin roofing that I salvage from a home that was having a roof done in shingles. The pieces were a perfect fit. I then got twine rope and did the sails string. I used netting on one side and decorated with fishes and lifesaver tire type, hung a sail and designed a pirate banner, used blue tarp to resemble water and plastic greenery for algae on the bottom of the ship. I wrote "Captain John 5" on one side of the ship.

I had treasure hunts signs thorough out the yard. On one corner a plastic pool with water called the "lost lagoon" with a bottle message (when found,this was where they were to locate the moonwalk and jump until the next hunt).

On the piñata, a special made (pirate), across the tree branches was called "pirate rock" (a piñata is hard like a rock), a treasure hope chest that I had perfected to resemble a treasure box that held his gifts (the message was "John's Treasure Loots")

When opening presents, time to eat was called "pirates bones" (serving hot dogs with a pirate theme). The cake designed and made by me was a pirate skull with crossbones). The fence was decorated with banners designed and made by me and had a sign welcoming guests to Captain John's Pirate Party and the skull had a five on the forehead, with a treasure map of layouts of the events, letting them know that they were on step 1 of the treasure hunt, by arriving on treasure island.

The whole house, even the bathroom, was decorated with a pirates theme and fishing netting. The children received a treasure box too filled with candies, a tattoo, mustache, and eye patch. It was awesome sight when they were putting wearing a mustache, pirate hats, and walking the plank. They received a toy sword for being a brave pirate and walking the plank. I also designed my grandson's outfit.

By Betty Boop Ramos

Birthday Party With A Pirate Theme

That sounds like a cute idea! Why not get a bounce house that resembles a pirate's ship? It could be the thing that they fall into when they "walk the plank".

By chatsalot217

Birthday Party With A Pirate Theme
Safari Theme Birthday
Safari Theme Birthday Party Ideas
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
A handdrawn pirate treasure map.
Making a Pirate Map
A plate of sushi at a Japanese themed birthday party.
Japanese Themed Birthday Party Ideas