Black Ants In My House

How do I get rid of ants inside my house? I am looking for anything that works. Thank you.

By Patricia

Answers:

Black Ants In My House

Terro liquid ant killer usually does the trick. The ants take it, and pretty soon it kills off the whole colony. The down side is that you've got to let them get at the ant killer without interrupting them, which means you'll initially have more ants. The good part is that they'll usually gravitate toward the ant killer, rather than just crawling all over in search of food. (04/07/2010)

By WildIrish

Black Ants In My House

You could use borax, there are directions on the box. I mixed it with sugar and put in my child safe cabinet under the sink, it really did the trick, for a while. There are many ant bait traps that work, however, you will keep getting ants until you seal cracks, windows, etc. You need to figure out where they are getting in and seal those areas with caulk. (04/08/2010)

By poepadoe

Black Ants In My House

Get some peppermint oil at the health food store. Put drops at entrances to the house, doors, windows, and garage. They do not like it, and it's not harmful to pets and children and it smells nice. One of the girls at work brings it in because we get them every spring and summer. It works here. (04/09/2010)

By deedine

Black Ants In My House

Those Terro bait stations are good. If you have a basement that isn't finished, place them on top of the sill plate. My ants come in that way, not through windows or doors. (04/12/2010)

By Beth