Blue Stains On Baby Clothing After Laundering

Many of my infant daughter's clothes come out of the laundry with blue stains just on the chest area. It seems to happen only to light colors (but not white). Is it the detergent interacting with the clothing dye and some enzyme in baby spit up? I'm so disappointed that brand new clothes get discolored after just one wearing. Repeated washings do not seem to help. Any ideas?

Alice from New Hampshire

For Alice from New Hampshire... Sometimes when my sons where little, i would have that happen. if you are using liquid fabric softner, it will do that if added directly on the clothes.

Cheryl (04/04/2005)

By ThriftyFun

My friend had baby clothes packed away for a long time. When a new baby was announced, she brought out the "old stuff". Some bibs and tops were formula (or?) stained. She soaked them all in OxyClean, and they came out like brandie new~! Some, she had to soak overnight. I tried the product, and now I'm hooked on it, too. Hope this helps, since baby clothes are so expensive to buy. (04/05/2005)

By Dolly

Stains On Baby Clothing
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
Growing Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
Baby being fed with formula.
Removing Baby Formula Stains from Clothing
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing