Borax for Fleas

Fleas--Now is the time to rid your house with natural products. Save a bundle. Mostly, be kind to your animals. Spread dry 20 Mule team Borax, about 1 and a half to 2 cups per average size carpeted room. That is where the fleas live and breed in your house.

Leave for 2 weeks without vacuuming so the cycle covers eggs, larvae and adults. You will have eliminated your household fleas for at least a year and a half. If you get a few freezes, your yard should be pretty well rid of them as well.

Be careful in warmer weather what pets may bring in from a drop in. Your yard could become reinfested. Visitors arrive with a dog with fleas? Keep your yard flea free by asking them to contain their dog (safely, not in hot car).

Treat your animals flea allergy with Willards water xxx and watch the quick healing. Also a natural product that does some amazing things. Check on internet about Willard's water. Your pets will be so much better off and comfortable.

Source: Tried and true for years. Personal observation after using professional Flea Busters

By muttmom from roseburg,or

Borax for Fleas

This is very dangerous advice - Borax is poisonous - it can irritate and cause serious damage to eyes, and can be lethal if ingested! (11/13/2009)

By merry50

Borax for Fleas

I used Borax for my petting zoo located in Florida. If applied safely, there are no side effects or danger as some people believe. I had great success managing a huge flea outbreak and kept it under control using Borax. We dusted the entire zoo with Borax and reapplied treatment as needed due to weather. All animals were treated with spot-on. I also treated indoor areas with Borax. After two weeks, the fleas were gone. For people who are concerned about Borax, I totally understand.

However, I made a personal choice to use Borax because the fleas were a health risk to the animals that far out weighted the exposure to Borax. Using Borax alone does not make the fleas disappear. You need to treat the animals with 'spot on' and Program. (I say 'spot on' because there are several choices like Frontline Plus, however, that's another subject) The fact you are researching for answers is a good sign and with the correct information make the right choice for your pet. I'm not a professional. I'm just an animal owner sharing my experience with Borax. After using Borax, my animals are happy, healthy and I'm sleeping better at night. (11/21/2009)

By n2dy2k

Borax for Fleas

Has anybody tried using borax in the steam cleaner? We are fighting the little demons and I think we might be gaining ground! I had read that dteaming can help but wasn't sure if I could skip a step by adding the borax to the cleaner, I was also thinking of adding salt to the rinse tank but I have read that the salt can actually attract moisture and thus mold./mildew.

We used the dishsoap to bathe the cat and dog last night, even though it didn't kill all the fleas on them right then I only found 3-4 fleas on each and they were moving slowly. But boy are their coats shiny and soft.

Any ideas are helpful I am trying to not use anymore flea powders or sprays since we a son with asthma and not need any help with flares. (12/04/2009)

By katrinka772

Borax for Fleas

We live in Florida and we have a bad infestation in our apt. We have 2 cats and a bird. Needless to say, after much research and this very helpful site, my husband went and bought the 20Mule Borax. I sprinkled it all over the apt, closets, etc.

Tomorrow the cats are going to get a bath at the vet and see what that can do to them, the poor things are highly infested. The rug cleaner expert is also coming tomorrow so I'm going to let that borax sit there for at least 24 hrs and then sprinkle it again behind furniture and balcony. Thanks for all your tips and information. What I am concerned with now is what would be the best for the cats? The vets will tell you anything that sells. Thanks! Payret (01/03/2010)

By Payret

Magnified Image of a Flea against a white background
Using Borax for Fleas
Borax powder, with a measuring cup and spray bottle.
Cleaning With Borax
Buying Borax
Sand Flea on sand
Borax vs. Salt for Fleas
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding