Borax for Fleas

How do you apply borax to carpet to kill fleas?

By Charlia from Natchitoches, LA

Answers:

Borax for Fleas

Be very careful. I treated my home with borax 14 days ago and my 16 week old kitten was just diagnosed with kidney failure. It seems borax can cause renal failure in kittens. I wish someone would have warned me. (09/14/2010)

By Auntylfe

Borax for Fleas

I had a problem with fleas a few years ago. Even though they say bs safe for animals, it concerned me with 2 elder cats and a dog, plus 4 people in the house tracking it around. So this is what I did; first, I put the borax in a clean Pringles can with holes punched in the top. Before I went to bed, I flipped the furniture over and sprinkled borax under everything and along the baseboards, then put the furniture back over it. Then I sprinkled the borax all over the floor, sort of swept it into the carpet a little with a broom, then covered the floor with bed sheets and the hallway with newspaper, to keep the animals from walking on it. After the kids left for school the next day, I vacuumed the floor really well and washed the sheets. (09/17/2010)

By lyonpridej

Magnified Image of a Flea against a white background
Using Borax for Fleas
Borax powder, with a measuring cup and spray bottle.
Cleaning With Borax
Borax
Buying Borax
Sand Flea on sand
Borax vs. Salt for Fleas
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
🎉
🎄