Bosch Washing Machine Smell

I am getting smelly washing from a Bosch washing machine. Any advice?

Glyn from Birmingham, UK

Answers:

Bosch Washing Machine Smell

One thing I noticed with my washing machine was if I closed the door as soon as I'd taken the wash out, I seemed to get a smell in the next wash. That disappeared as soon as I stopped closing the door. I don't know if it will help, but try to make sure that the drum is airing out and not staying damp. (03/10/2007)

By kittie84

Bosch Washing Machine Smell

I have the Bosch front load machine and it began to stink after about 4 months. Upon removing the service door I noticed a drain plug and when I removed it I clearly found the source. This is the lowest point in the drain and dirt and water sits in that area and begins to smell. I removed the plug, rinsed it out and the smell was gone. Certainly a problem, but now about every 3 months I remove the plug, wash it out and no more problem. I am not a repair person, but this worked for me. (10/04/2007)

By Charles

Bosch Washing Machine Smell

I had/have the same issue with my Bosch. My wife got a product called Washer Genie at a trade show and it worked really well. Most importantly for us it didn't leave any residual odor on my clothes. The people I bought it from said you can get it on Amazon. (10/08/2007)

By Phil

Bosch Washing Machine Smell

Try Using less soap.
(01/22/2008)

By h2ohobo

Bosch Washing Machine Smell

You mentioned your eyes watering when you open the door. Are you keeping it closed when not in use? Front-loading washers are air tight. Keeping the door closed is what is causing the mildew to grow. You need to leave the door open all the time. If your machine is in really bad shape you need to let all the washing machine cleaners soak overnight. My machine had that nasty musty smell and soaking was the key. I know other people that have had their door seals replaced because the musty smell permeated the rubber. I hope all this helps. (02/04/2008)

By John

Bosch Washing Machine Smell

Not only did my Bosch washer smell bad, some of my clothes, especially towels, were starting to reek too. I did a lot of research online on various sites and found this one to be the most helpful. I basically combined several suggestions and I am happy to report that my smell is gone, my clothes smell fresher, and the washer does not vibrate anymore during the spin cycle (an added bonus that I did not anticipate). Here is what I did: I only use 1-2 tablespoons of HE detergent per load along with 1/2 cup borax and about 1/4 cup baking soda. I fill the softener dispenser with white vinegar to the line. I do "not" use softener or dryer sheets anymore.

My clothes immediately started smelling cleaner and felt softer and amazingly, there is only a hint of vinegar smell, sometimes none. I then bought Purewasher via the internet and followed the directions exactly. I did not use the washer for 3 days. I left the door ajar. After 3 days, the smell was completely gone! The window was covered with gunk which I cleaned off. I then scrubbed the rubber gasket both on the outside and on as much of the inside as I could reach. There was a lot of gunk in there. The white vinegar is an amazing softener and so much more environmentally friendly. I just wish I would have known this when I bought the unit so that I could have done this from the beginning. Good luck to all who suffer from this front loader problem! (02/08/2008)

By Helen

Bosch Washing Machine Smell

I bought a Bosch because I loved the dishwasher, but this has been the worst product I have ever purchased. It has turned me off on all front loaders. I even had mold forming on the gasket. I just today purchased a new top loader and I am getting rid of this 2 year old piece of junk. (08/09/2008)

By Gale

Bosch Washing Machine Smell

I have read numerous websites on this issue and I called Bosch today to see if they can enlighten me on how to wash my clothes so they do not smell (this is the third time I am calling in 1 year and this person actually sounded like she knew what she was talking about, we will see).

Clean your clothes: Use only 1 Tablespoon of HE detergent. Ignore what the HE detergent says and only use 1 tablespoon. She said you can use stain removers and fabric softener as usual, but dilute the fabric softener before you put it in the chamber.

Clean your washer: Use Affresh or Washer Magic every 3 months. Bosch says this is critical to keeping the smell and gunk out of the machine. Bleach is a temporary solution and only covers up the smell. According to Bosch, Affresh or WM will help get rid of the buildup behind the drum.

Wish me luck. (08/22/2008)

By Ali

Bosch Washing Machine Smell

I too had problems with a mold smell with my Bosch axxis washer. I contacted the company and they recommend a product called "Washer Magic". I Googled the product, and it's website said where to find it in my area. I used it (you empty the bottle in and run the wash on hot with no clothes in the washer) and it worked very well at removing the odor.

(10/09/2008)

By Leigh

Bosch Washing Machine Smell

Just keep the door open for 1 day after use and dry the rubber gasket. It will keep the problem from starting in the first place. I love my washer! (11/23/2008)

By Claire

Bosch Washing Machine Smell

You need to put washing machine on a boil wash at least once a month. This washes all old soap powder away. 95 degrees (03/01/2009)

By Dan Jones appliance

Smelly Washing Machine
Cleaning a Smelly Washing Machine
A load of red dyed clothing in a front loader washing machine.
Dyeing Clothing in the Washing Machine
Man Repairing a Washing Machine
Repairing a Washing Machine
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
Washing Machine
Extending the Life of Your Washing Machine
🎉
🎄