Bubbles on Surface of Homemade Stepping Stones

I get a lot of little air holes in the top of my stepping stones when I turn them out. I am using plastic molds and tap them on the ground to release the air, but still get lots of little air holes in what I would like to be a smooth surface.

By EstherSue

Answers

What I have done is when the bottom is actually going to be the surface of a stepping stone I put enough concrete to cover the tiles and a little more, Tap, then fill it up the rest of the way with the concrete if I still have a bubble on the surface after turning out, I just mix up some of the concrete and push it in with my finger and smooth the surface. I liked

The foam letters numbers and shapes along with the glass tiles. After it is completely dry I will lift out the foam and it leaves a nice sharp indentation.

Stepping Ston With "Sheri's Garden" on it
Homemade Stepping Stones
Crafts Garden & YardSeptember 3, 2013
Hypertufa Stepping Stones
Making Hypertufa Stepping Stones
Spray cans of spray varnish.
Sealing Plaster Stepping Stones
Mosaic Stepping Stone - using blue and green pieces and the word "Success" in center
Making a Mosaic Stepping Stone
Making Concrete Patio Blocks
Making Concrete Patio Blocks
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 25, 2017 at 6:34:19 AM on 10.0.0.173 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.