Buying Bulk Spices

Can someone tell me where to buy yeast, Cream of Tarter and other similar items in bulk?

Beverly in AK

Buying Yeast and Spices In Bulk

I don't know your area but around here there are stores that are meant for business that sell to the public as well. There is also Costco. (03/31/2005)

By angie79

Buying Yeast and Spices In Bulk

Depending on how much you want to buy, you may want to try an Amish grocery store. That's where I buy yeast, bread flour, spices, etc. for cheap. I've gotten containers (about half the size of a sour cream container) of different spices for less than a dollar. Its amazing. (03/31/2005)

By amyo

Buying Yeast and Spices In Bulk

I'm not sure about Cream of Tartar but at our grocery stores, in the baking department, there are large boxes of yeast. You can buy the big container and break it down into smaller jars and store it in the freezer. It lasts a long time that way and is much cheaper than buying by the packet or even little jar.

Susan from ThriftyFun (03/31/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Buying Yeast and Spices In Bulk

You could try (03/31/2005)

By Ela

Buying Yeast and Spices In Bulk

We have WinCo grocery stores in our area (Food4Less is similar and there are other "Sack and Save" type stores in many locales) and they have wonderful bulk bins. I buy all of my spices and baking ingredients out of the bins. Very cheap. (03/31/2005)

By Katie A.

Buying Yeast and Spices In Bulk

If you don't live near a Sam's or Cosco, try on line at Good prices. (02/09/2009)

By Prov31

Buying Bulk Spices
dried spices
How Long Do Dried Herbs and Spices Last?
A cutting board with ground spices and fresh spices on it.
Ground Spices vs. Fresh Spices
Adult Diapers
Buying Adult Diapers in Bulk
Buying Food in Bulk
Buying Food in Bulk