Buying a Car for $2000 (or Less)

Finding a good, inexpensive car that won't soon need repairs or parts is challenging. This guide is about buying a car for $2000 (or less).

Buying a Car for $2000

I want to get a decent second car and I have one thousand bucks to do it. Does anyone have any tips for the best place to look for a cheap car. What models should I look for and what should I look for as far as condition? Tips, advice, or resources would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Tim

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I have never paid more than $500.00 for a vehicle. What I do is go to auto auctions. These are the same auctions that used car dealers go to for cars. You might have to do a little work on it but usually they are good reliable vehicles. You will have to call them and ask if and when they have the public night. Good Luck and do not forget to look up your states Lemon Laws before buying a used vehicle.

Best Answer

My in-laws get cars for there kids at a local auto body shops. They pay anywhere from 500. to 1000. for fairly new cars that have been repaired.

Best Answer

In our neck of the woods there is a group called "Cars for Causes" to which people donate their vehicles for charity and you can get very good deals there. See if there is anything like that around you.

Best Answer

try craigslist

Read More Answers...
Consumer Advice Cars Buying a CarMarch 17, 2013
Saving Money on Car Rentals, Neon Car Rental Sign
Saving Money on Car Rentals
Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
Finding an Inexpensive Car
used car dealership
Buying a Used Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver, For Sale sign in Window of Used Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 10:03:00 PM on 10.0.0.209 in 475 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.