Canning Tomato Juice

Tips for canning tomato juice. Post your ideas.

Answers:

Tomato Juice Canning Tip

When canning your own tomato juice, cook the tomatoes before squeezing the juices out. There will be less heartburn for the people drinking it later.

By Terri (06/29/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Canning Tomato Juice

I have canned tomato juice for many years, and I have found out that you should NEVER add water to the juice when canning it, the water makes it spoil. I run my tomatoes through a sieve or strainer after cooking, no need to peel, just squish them with your hands before cooking. Reheat the juice to boiling and pour in sterilized jars, wipe edge of jar with wet cloth, and seal with sterilized lids. Then enjoy hearing them ping as they seal, it makes all the work worthwhile. Good luck! (07/05/2005)

By Allenafd5

Canning Tomato Juice
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Jar of canned papaya balls in syrup.
Canning Papayas
Freshly Canned Pears Near Pears in a Bowl
Canning Pears
Pile of fresh cherries in front of a jar of cherry jam.
Canning Cherries
🎉
🎄