Canola Oil Smell on Towels

I'm having a problem getting the smell of canola oil out from towels. My hands couldn't grasp the bottle and so it fell and spilled. I grabbed the first thing I could find, some just folded bath towels. Now after 5 washes the smell won't leave. Help!

By Mfgershman

Canola Oil Smell on Towels

Did you try a soak in hot vinegar water and drying in the sun after washing? (04/14/2009)

By Glenn'sMom

Canola Oil Smell on Towels

Make a solution of de-greasing detergent that is four times stronger than usual, in your washer. Soak them in it overnight. Then use dryer sheets in the dryer. (04/19/2009)

By kimhis

Canola Oil Smell on Towels

Okay, just for anyone who is interested, the hot vinegar with Clorox cleaner and the sun did the trick! (05/17/2009)

By mfgershman

Pile of stinky clothing.
Getting Cooking Oil Smell Out of Clothing
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway
Stack of Colored Towels
Saving Money on Towels