Can Vegetable Oil Be Used to Restore a Wood Table?

This is a page about vegetable oil to restore a wooden table. While it may seem like any type of oil could be used to restore wood furniture, that is not entirely true. Vegetable oil can go rancid over time, causing an unpleasant odor, in addition to creating a sticky finish on your furniture. Mineral oil and baby oil are better suggestions, if you don't want to purchase furniture oil.

I have an old dining room set (26 yrs old) that I would like to bring out the finish on, or renew it with the least amount of work or bother. Is there maybe something that I could rub on with a cloth that wouldn't require a protective finish afterward? Thanks to all who respond.

By Nelwyn Mills from Bunkie, LA

Answers

Anonymous

Zap Professional Wood Restorer is great for that. It can be purchased online.

Use lemon oil, I found it in Wal-mart. I apply a thin cover to my dining room table every couple of months. I let it soak in awhile, maybe a half-hour or so. I then wipe it down with a clean cotton cloth. Wood can dry out and this nourishes and protects the wood. Use the oil sparingly, a little goes a long way.

Answer this Question

I tried something recently that I wanted to share. I may have gotten the tip here or perhaps it was somewhere else online.

Anyway, if you've got a worn wooden tabletop that you want to restore, just use vegetable oil!

Home and Garden Home Improvement FurnitureDecember 4, 2017
🐛
📓
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf39567794.tip.html