Cat With Fleas Lethargic

So my cat was totally fine before a two days ago. He suddenly became lazy and mopey. We soon found out that he had a lot of fleas on him. We picked most of them off, but he is still lazy and mopey. I was wondering if this is a case of anemia or something. I don't have enough money to take him to the vet so I was wondering. Can someone could help me out; can he recover by himself or should I do more things to help him? Please note that he barely wants to stand and seems to get tired quickly. He is eating.

The cat really needs a vet. Fleas can cause all sort of problems--anemia for the cat, tapeworms and other diseases. Feed the cat well, and give him a wormer for tapeworms-you can find that at walmart. also treat him for the fleas as well.

My cat didn't have fleas but she suddenly became very lethargic and stopped eating, etc. I took her to the vet and discovered she was diabetic. I would highly recommend a visit to the vet to rule this out. She is now on insulin and have to take her back every so often to test her blood sugars which have been quite high. Better to have him checked.

You can surrender your cat to an animal shelter and he will receive veterinary care. It sounds to me like your cat is seriously ill and really needs a vet. This may sound extreme, but the alternative, no care, sounds pretty bad too. Personally I would be looking for a way to come up with fees for the vet. Good luck.

Sorry to hear this but as always I always have the answer you can check out HADEY mae on Facebook. Now you can take some iron pills and crush them up the same dose that you would take for an adult mix them in his food and give it some time about a week you should see a change as the weeks go on you should see him get more energy you can either do the same thing with vitamin B complex it does wonders same thing as magnesium. Enjoy

I rescued a stray cat who could hardly stand up. He too was covered with fleas. The vet said he was extremely anemic from the amount of fleas sucking his blood.

A cat scratching itself because it has fleas.
Treating a Cat With Fleas
Pets CatsDecember 13, 2016
A wall with fleas in it.
Fleas Inside of Walls
A momma cat laying with a kitten.
Safe Flea Treatment for Cat with Kittens
french bulldog puppy
Treating Fleas on a Puppy
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 26, 2017 at 6:14:38 PM on 10.0.0.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.