Cement Stain on Clothing

My 3 year old was playing in wet cement in her new jeans, and they now have cement stains on them. I soaked them immediately in water, however this had no affect. Any suggestions?

Cass Q from Melbourne, Australia

Answers:

Cement Stain on Clothing

You need to be more concerned about the fact that a child was playing in wet cement rather than worrying about the stains on the jeans! Wet cement can cause extremely serious burns to the skin. No one should allow wet cement on their skin for more than a brief moment. Wash it off quickly or you could be in serious medical trouble! Do a search on "dangers of wet cement" or something similar. I have personally seen grown men in horrible pain and with severe damage to their skin because they thought they could "work" the concrete while wading around in it barefoot or it running into their shoes or boots or kneeling directly on it to "finish" the surface. Some people refer to it as cement poisoning or cement burns. I know kids love to put their hand-prints into wet cement and you can do that.....but wash their hands quickly afterward. (06/01/2006)

By Grandma Margie

Cement Stain on Clothing

My husband is a cement finisher (of 35 years) and I have never found anything that gets cement off his jeans or work shirts. (06/02/2006)

By PICO

Cement Stain on Clothing

Try using "Lime-Away" or "CLR" since cement is a lime based product. I used "Lime-Away" on a bathtub and downspout that had some cement on it. It ate it right off. Just make sure you rinse the clothes in cold water to remove the chemicals. (09/16/2006)

By Jodie

Cement Stain on Clothing

The Lime-Away worked great! My four year old got some splashed on her from watching her dad mix it. She came in, I rinsed it, and was troubled that it would not come off. I found this site and tried a lime rust bathroom cleaner. I tired it in an inconspicuous place and was astonished that with a little rubbing from a cleaning brush it washed right away. It did remove it all. Thanks for the great advice! I am not sure it would work for dried on cement, but it was great for an immediate treatment! (10/13/2007)

By Eliza

Cement Stain on Clothing
Stains on Cement
Removing Stains on Cement
rusty tools
Removing Rust Stains from Fabric and Clothing
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
🎉
🎄