Removing Stains on Cement

Category Stains
Cement is a durable material used for patios, driveways, countertops, etc. The very nature of its use puts the surface at risk for stains of all types. This is a page about removing stains on cement.

I have cleaned dog urine spots off of my concrete basement floor with vinegar and water and enzymatic cleaner. This got rid of the smell, but now the spots are white and still look bad. How do I get rid of the white spots?

Answers

Try a combination of white vinegar and Tide detergent.

Anonymous

Thank you!

The enzyme cleaner may have damaged the concrete. The one thing I would try is to use cool water and a scrub brush and see if that works. If not, add a table spoon of lemon juice to a quart of cool water and try again with the scrub brush. If that doesn't work, you may need to run skim coat over the stained area.

There are YouTube videos on how to make the repairs if the brush doesn't work.

Post back with an update!

Anonymous

Thank you! I will give this a try!

Does anyone have any advice for removing a wood stain from cement?

Thanks,
Amy

Answers

By JDP (Guest Post)

look here
http://www.ceme  516?OpenDocument

I don't know but I am looking for a way to remove the wood stain from Formica countertops. I have a wood trim and was trying to fix some scratches.

Ellen

I have been trying to remove in ground stains from my potted plants on the concrete. Any ideas?

Answers

My house is 45 yr old and the front steps are not new looking. I tried scrubbing them, but wasn't satisfied with the results. I saw photos on Pinterest of concrete that had been painted. WOW. It looks like new. I plan to paint my steps. Maybe you should consider buying some paint for concrete and trying it yourself.

How can you clean the white spots left by dried dog pee on concrete?

By Charlotte from Nashville, TN

Answers

Call several cement companies and ask if there is any thing you can buy to remove the spots.

If there is such a product and it's so expensive to buy, you can probably live with it.

If your home has a concrete cellar/basement, you can always paint the floor with concrete paint if you want to hide the spots.

Our contractor got cement dust on the neighbor's red stepping stones. How do I remove it?

By jkcathcart

I have elm sap on my cement. The sap turns the cement black. How do I get this stain off the cement?

By CB

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsSeptember 26, 2013
🌻
😎
📓
🐛