Removing Ink on Faux Leather

Category Stains
Care will need to be taken when trying to remove ink stains on faux leather items so as not to damage the material. This is a guide about removing ink on faux leather.

My sister and I recently went out of town to see my girlfriend. My girl friend gifted me a new wallet. My sister wasn't paying much attention when we were getting ready to leave, so she shoved it carelessly in my bag and somehow got it stained on the bottom with blue pen ink (no idea where it came from?).

It's rather light in color, a pastel pink, and seems to be made of faux leather (I'm certain it's not real). I already tried hand sanitizer and a vinegar and water mixed and neither really even faded it. I even tried a Tide stick, but I'm scared it's just dulled the color instead of fixing the problem.

I don't want to tell my girlfriend that it may be ruined, because I don't want her to think I'm making an excuse not to use it, I don't want to hurt her feelings. Not only that, I really do like it. Please help?

Answers

Try the Mr Clean Magic Eraser

Dress it up by using other colors to decorate it !!

i would try the Magic Eraser first but if that does not work I would look the company up on the net and send them a question about removing stains and they might be able to help - be sure to tell them the item number and your story.

Magic Eraser would be best. Second choice would be a bit of rubbing alcohol on a soft cloth...

but I hate trying liquids on such items. It works, but still.

I'm not sure if it works on faux but sunscreen removes Sharpie off most surfaces.

Sunscreen left a light spot on my purse.

Sorry I tried Mr clean eraser I tried alcohol, oxygen clean non worked stain is still there

Maybe a fabric stain remover and a tooth brush

How do you remove Biro ball point pen from a fake leather material sofa?

By Penny from Birmingham

Answers

Anonymous

Hair spray doesn't work or white vinegar. What else?

I NEED TO SEE THE DATA REQUESTED

Stan, what data are you requesting? If you are looking for other answers to this question, you might try the main guide page:

http://www.thri  6904846.tip.html

I used alcohol to wipe off ink on my leather console. It took the paint off the leather, even after following it with a damp cloth to dilute the alcohol properties. I had to have it repainted.

How can I get ball point ink from my faux leather couch and handbag?

Lee-Anne from Cape Town, Za

Answers:

Ink on Faux Leather

Hairspray works great to get out ink - spray some on a cloth and apply to the marks, rub a little and it should come out. Rub with a wet cloth to get the sticky hairspray off afterward. Good luck. (11/15/2006)

By Christine Schuyler

My daughter wrote on both of our brand new dark brown faux leather couches with blue ink. I was told to use hairspray to remove the ink and when I did so I created a huge patch that is now very visibly discolored and dull. How do I repair this? Please help. Thanks in advance.

By virginia from Niagara Falls, Canada

Answers:

Ink on Faux Leather

If your faux leather is of the shiny smooth variety I have an idea for you. I would try to test this on an inconspicuous spot before proceeding. My daughter wrote on my leather couches with permanent marker and I used a Magic Eraser and it worked wonderfully.

Use a corner and try to go over the ink line to rub the pen out. Then use a leather conditioner to help shine it up afterwards. If the hair spray damage still shows, you might try using a matching shoe polish color to help cover it up, but be sure to buff it out well so it doesn't come off on your clothes. Good luck. (05/20/2009)

By Gina Griffin