Centerpiece Ideas for a Kids Birthday Party

We will be celebrating my son's 3rd birthday next weekend and he loves the PBS show called "Why" and I would love it if I could make a Super Why (character Whyatt) Centerpiece for him.

Do you have any ideas on how I can do that on a budget? Thank you in advance.

By Roz from Atlanta, GA

If you know anything about cake decorating you can decorate the character Wyatt on a cake.
Or you could make a color copy on your printer of the one that you posted. Then glue it to a light piece of cardboard and cut it out. Glue a straw on the back and stick it into the middle of a birthday cake. (08/01/2010)

MCW has the right idea, k.i.s.s.! It's more for you and family and photos, he won't remember, alas! I would use 2 craft sticks for strength and to keep cake from going up the straw. Enjoy every minute and don't feel you have to compete with TV "divas"! (08/06/2010)

By mom of towers

This is a pretty simple looking character. You don't have to know much about cake decorating to make a cake that looks like him. Use a round single layer cake for the head, and cut out the body, arms, legs, and feet from a rectangular 9x12 cake. I would just ignore the cape part, but you could make the body that shape if you have to have it, or use a piece of cloth under the cake for it. Use an orangy pink icing for the skin. Just use regular buttercream icing. You can decorate the face with icing, or use candies, coconut, or string licorice for the hair, a marshmallow cut in thin slices for those big eyes, and blue candies for the pupils. You could make the mask out of paper if it looks too complicated to ice it in that pattern. Simplify the character. Your son is 3; he won't be critical! (08/06/2010)

By louel53

Easter Centerpiece
Easter Centerpiece Ideas
chocolate spoon centerpieces
Kids Birthday Party Centerpieces
Birthday Party Centerpiece
Birthday Party Centerpiece Ideas
75th Birthday
75th Birthday Party Centerpiece Ideas