To Top

Child Support and Disability

My ex fathered my 2 children, both still under 7 years old. We live in California and he has been receiving disability for the majority of his life due to a train accident. Are my children entitled to receive any benefits?


We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in February! Click here to find out more...

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

September 2, 20130 found this helpful

Hi - you will have to go to the office of the agency from where he receives his checks. You will need lots of documentation but they will tell you if your children are eligible for benefits from them. There may be other places to acquire assistance in your area.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
September 4, 20130 found this helpful

Check with your county office of child support or family services. Then check with the county where your divorce is from since they should have the support orders there. You may need an attorney, but maybe not. Good luck and stay on top of this - do NOT give up!

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
In This Guide
Child Support Payments and Social Security, Paper entitled Child Support Hearing.
Child Support Payments and Social Security
Business and Legal Legal Child SupportSeptember 1, 2013
Family law folder on desk
Can SSI Be Garnished for Child Support?
Writing a child support check.
Paying Back Child Support
Social Security Disability Form
Receiving Social Security Disability Benefits
Photo of letters spelling out child support.
Social Security and Back Child Support
Fourth of July Ideas!
Father's Day Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Published by .

Generated 2017/05/19 17:36:23 in 2 secs.
Loading Something Awesome!