Church Luncheon Ideas

Church luncheon committee members are always looking for new ideas. This is a guide about church luncheon ideas.

Church Luncheon Ideas
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

April 8, 2013 Flag

I am looking for luncheon ideas for a Mother's Day luncheon. We will be having older ladies, as well as girls. We plan to have a silly fashion show, the speaker will be talking about how what we wear is not important, it is our inner beauty that pleases the Lord. What can we serve that all ages will enjoy? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

By Teresa

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

One thing I find that most people like are assorted berries mixed with yogurt and shortbread cookies.

Different kinds of mini muffins are also good with a variety of spreads.

Great fun! I wish I could come.

Marg from England.

I would make a strata. It's an egg based casserole with any kind of vegetables. There are many recipes online. You can also add ham, bacon, etc. I always make these for my brunches or luncheons. The best part is that you make them a day before and just heat them up. This, with a nice salad and rolls, are perfect.

Read More Answers...

July 25, 2010 Flag

I am hosting a luncheon at my church for the single women's ministry. This is my first time doing this and I really need help. I need ideas on a nice menu, maybe finger foods and some gifts that I can give the ladies who attend. My theme is "Forgiving and Rebuilding: Giving young women the tools to regain what was lost in the storm".

By Shay from Oxford, MS

I like this Care Kit. All the items can be put in a small gift bag.

Care Kit

A paper clip- To help keep things together when they seem to be out of control.

A rubber band - To remind us that there are times when life stretches us.

A tissue - To wipe away a tear, your own or someone else's.

A candy kiss - To say "I love you in a sweet way".

A small smooth stone - To remind you that rough times help refine and polish us for smoother tomorrows.

An eraser - To erase any mistakes or misunderstandings that are really troubling you.

A note card - To send as long, over-due greeting to someone who is lonely

A recipe - To make when you wasn't to do something special for someone.

An adhesive bandage - To remind you of healing, perhaps of hurt feelings your own or someone else's.

A scripture verse - To share God's Word of love.

Dollar Tree or a dollar store would have excellent affordable gifts such as maybe a notepaad and pens for taking notes during the sermon. Dollar Trees are also excellent for stocking stuffers, small birthday gifts, etc. When I was cooking for my daughters wedding, I googled "cooking for a crowd" and found some really helpful websites. I hope this helps!

How about a small emergency umbrella?

I personally like the emergency umbrella idea, sounds appropriate to your theme.

For menu, might be easiest to provide a variety of cold cuts, condiments and bread. The ladies can build their own sandwiches, and you can have several different kinds of chips, or a green salad and two or three kinds of dressing. If that isn't simple enough, I recall my soon-to-be daughter-in-law provided mini-weiners simmered in BBQ sauce and skewered on a toothpick as a finger food at a ladies' gathering. Cheese and crackers are also excellent finger foods, as is a relish tray or fruit tray.

Enjoy your fellowship.

Read More Answers...

October 1, 2013 Flag

I am in charge of a large gathering (approx 200) to celebrate the 40th ordination of a minister. All Lutheran churches in the area are invited. The problem is we have limited space, probably for 120 people and quite a few elderly parishioners. What's the best solution for not enough seating?

By Cheryl from Wheeling, WV

Is the space available for 120 for a sit down dinner or for a standing crowd? Is a special program planned where everyone needs to sit down? This all plays into your planning. It can be an afternoon "standing" tea, with plenty of chairs around the sides for the elderly who need them, or in small circles so they can visit. A brief program where the guests can still stand while a brief "honoring" ceremony takes place. If possible have a "history" wall of pictures and articles about the honorees past 40 years can get or keep conversations going. Also can do a "guest of honor" small table for the honoree to greet guest from. Lots of things you can do. Just have to coordinate the program with the reception/dinner(?) so they work together.

March 14, 2010 Flag

I am looking for ideas for a church ladies luncheon with the theme of "Binding Hearts and Hands". We will be decorating approximately 20 tables and need to stay within a limited budget. I would appreciate any help anybody might have.

By Juanita from Galt, CA

Here's a thought; use instructions from the following link to create "hands" from Plaster of Paris using latex gloves as molds. (Make sure to hang straight so the bottom will be flat to sit on the table - curve the fingers a bit for interest). Use a single "hand" or a pair of "hands" per table depending on your budget.

After drying spray paint or decorate with any color you desire --paint at least one heart on each hand more if you prefer. Finish with a coat of clear gloss laquer. A few sprigs of greenery or some confetti sprinkles , perhaps a candle in the center of a pair of hands. and you'll have unique theme centerpieces. These could be given away at the end of your luncheon - a drawing or a "ticket" under one chair at each table to be found by the lucky guest at the end of the luncheon. Good luck and have fun. http://www.ehow.com/list_5961684_children_s-crafts-plaster-paris.html

You could make a 'paper people chain' and put it around a glass hurricane with a candle. The candles could be different sizes and could be found probably in the church if it's large or could be brought by several people. Then, make (or you might be able to buy) the people chain (see link below for example). If you use sturdy paper and tape the chain into a circle they will probably stand freely, otherwise you can put a little tape or those 3m sticky things on the back.

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/85 ... 31F26B7FC43712BEBA7779D2BB68A6ED4A4F

If the link doesn't work just google 'people paper chain', that's what I did.

Holidays and Parties Parties ChurchJanuary 31, 2013
Seniors Luncheon
Seniors' Luncheon Ideas
Frugal Luncheon
Frugal Luncheon Menu Ideas
small white church
Church Banquet Decoration Ideas
Church Decorated for Wedding
Decorating a Church for a Wedding
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 7:36:13 PM on 10.0.0.150 in 850 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.