Cleaning Carpet Stains

Someone came in from the outside and left snow prints on our carpet. When the snow melted it left dried salt footprints. I tried a spray on foam cleaner with no effect. The carpet is a dark gray shade and is a plush carpet. Please give me an idea how to clean it, this is a brand new carpet.

Marie from South Milwaukee

Answers:

Cleaning Carpet Stains

I don't know if this will help for you, but it sure worked for nail polish on my carpet. Try the 409 Glass and Surface (purple in color). I sprayed it on the nail polish on my carpet and with a little rubbing with a clean damp white rag I saw it all coming up. (01/26/2007)

By stlouisx50sgirl

RE: Cleaning Carpet Stains

Cleaning Carpet Stains

The best stuff in the whole world is "Folex". It removes all stains from my carpets. I love the stuff.
(01/26/2007)

By cjbisco

RE: Cleaning Carpet Stains

Cleaning Carpet Stains

Melaleuca makes Sol U Mel, which is wonderful to remove any stain.
Check under Melaleuca.com for information.
KB (06/19/2007)

By Kathy

Cleaning Carpet Stains

There is a product you can purchase at any Petsmart or Petco called "Simple Solution". It's the greatest stuff I've ever used. My husband and I used to have 4 Golden Retrievers (who love to play in the water and mud) and our carpet is a light gray. Just pour the solution on the stain, put a clean towel on it and stand on it for about 2 minutes. When you lift up the towel all the dirt will be on the towel, and you can scrub in any remaining wet area and the stain will be gone completely. It's been a carpet saver for me for over 18 years! And now I have a 2-year old puppy. (08/24/2008)

By hearts1

Cleaning Carpet Stains

I have cats; I live in an apt. If you don't want to buy a steam cleaner (after owning a couple, I highly recommend Hoover's SteamVac - got it $150. Google your best price.), then just get the professional soap that goes with the steam cleaner. This is a hands and knees job. But it works. With a new carpet, I would just invest in the steam cleaner. (11/14/2009)

By catfifty

Spraying Carpet Stain
Cleaning Carpet Stains
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet
🎄