Using Ammonia for Carpet Stains

I used to be a housekeeper for an apartment complex years ago, and when we had to get rid of any type of hard to get out food or pet stains we would make a 2/3 milk 1/3 ammonia mixture. Use right away and dispose of the rest. Pour it on the stain, let it soak in for about 30 seconds, wear rubber gloves, and the stains will come out! Remember to have a fan blowing or a ceiling fan speed on high. This will help with the little bit of ammonia fumes that may give you a headache or cause your eyes to water a little bit. And it will, it's ammonia!

By Leticia from Pearland, Texas

3 Archives

My carpet is really dirty. It is supposed to be cream colored, but it is more like brownish-cream. I have a home carpet cleaner and have used it but my carpet still looks dirty.

I recently used 1/2 cup ammonia and 1/2 cup water mixed to clean up my dog's red vomit. I heard of it through a friend that had used it before.

In These Pages
Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetOctober 2, 2018
😷
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-Ammonia-for-Carpet-Stains.html