Can I Use Ammonia in My Dishwasher?

Category Dishes
Although not a typical product to use in the dishwasher, it apparently can be used when you are out of dishwasher detergent. This is a page about, "Can I use ammonia in my dishwasher?".

Please can anyone tell me if I can use ammonia in my dishwater to wash my dishes and if so how much do I use?

By Anita from Saskatoon, SK

Answers

Best Answer

Ammonia does not mix with all things, and I would be careful. For sure, NOT in the dishwasher. Any residue of commercial dishwasher det. would set off an unhealthy HAZMAT reaction.

I need to know if I can add ammonia to the dishwasher cycle. The interior is stainless steel.

Answers

If you never, ever use or have used a product with bleach I the machine you can use 1/4 cup of household ammonia in a dishwasher to degrease dishes and on it's own to degrease the machine.

Bleach and ammonia used together create a poisonious reaction. beware and be careful.

A safer choice is a cup of vinegar.

Some people run an empty load with vinegar to clean it out. A repairman told me it wears out the rubber parts. I use detergent meant for the dishwasher

So my wife accidentally put ammonia instead of rinse aid in the dishwasher
(the bottles look pretty similar) and I can't seem to get all of it out. Is it safe to eat off/drink from the dishes? I am fully aware to keep bleach away from it.

Answers

Some people have used ammonia in the dishwasher when they ran out of detergent. You can always run your dishwasher again with no dishes in it if you want to have peace of mind.

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesSeptember 14, 2017
🐛
😎
📓
😷
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Can-I-Use-Ammonia-in-My-Dishwasher.html