Browsing: Cleaning Glass Oven Doors

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Cleaning Glass Oven Doors

Stubborn baked on deposits are often what you need to clean off glass oven doors. This guide is about cleaning glass oven doors.

Man Cleaning Glass Oven Door
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

September 1, 2015 Flag

Aside from totally taking the door apart, how can one clean in between the door's double glass?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Unfortunately, it is difficult to take the door apart as this is to only way to clean inside the glass. This site explains the problem and process:

http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how- ... lean-inside-double-glass-oven-doors/

August 21, 2005 Flag

I spilled a glass of orange juice and it ran between the glass oven doors on my stove. It has a few slits and I guess that's how it got in. I tried pouring soapy water in the slits and some of it came off. There are still a few drips. The stove is a month old. Help!

Thanks,
Liz

What is the brand of the oven on which you had the problem ?

I have a new Jenn-air double oven, and some grease got in between the glass door panels also - on both ovens !

Did you have to get someone to take the doors apart to clean them ? This seems like a major design flaw.

Hi, Sorry about your stove.Both ovens !! Is your stove fairly new ? Mine is only a few months old so called the store where it was purchased.They sent a man out to clean it. I think it is a flaw in the stove that stuff can get in between the doors.

Good luck with yours, Liz

The door comes apart with just a couple screws on the bottom. Fairly easy. Only takes a few minutes.

i put my stove oven on self cleaning, i left one of my nonstick pan -(which had wood handle) inside oven by mistake, after few minutes it started burning, smoke was coming out from oven, i tried to open the door of oven but it was locked, it gave F2 error also,after few hours, when it was cool, i saw my oven glass door was yellow, i tried to clean it but it didn't work, any suggestion to clean it?

Read More Answers...

September 4, 2013 Flag

Do you know the best and quickest way to clean an oven glass door on the inside?

By Betty H.

I have always used a brillo pad. Years ago, I was taught to used straight ammonia for the metal shelves inside. I would set them in two large garbage bags and pour an entire bottle in and let them sit in the tub overnight. The next day I would let them drain, rinse them off and if needed, use a brillo on some of the parts that were more difficult to clean. It works very well. However, you may want to try soaking a towel in annomia and placing it on there for a while. Just be careful using annomia. Make sure it's well vented.

September 6, 2012 Flag

My new oven of only 2 years is now starting to look a bit "foggy". I tried cleaning the glass in the oven door (2-ovens) and can not loosen the foggy build-up on both sides of the glass. Any ideas? I have only tried Fairy liquid to date. Thanx.

By Gerry T.

I make a brushable paste using baking soda & perioxide. Then I use a small paint sponge and cover the glass with the mixture. Wait about 20 min and then wipe it clrean with a micro towel, I have a stainless steel stove with black glass top & it works lokr a charm!

May 2, 2012 Flag

How do you clean in between the glass on the oven door?

By Sherrie from Fort Pierce, FL

My husband and I had to take the door apart.

Open the door and unscrew the handle, and gray piece.

Definitely a two person job.

Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenOctober 17, 2012
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Bungalow style kitchen cabinet with glass paned doors.
Cleaning Glass Doors on Wood Furniture
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 8:58:00 PM on 10.0.1.174 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.