Cleaning Mini-Blinds

Please share your easiest, fastest (yet thorough) ways to clean metal mini blinds.

Thanks!

Peggy GV from San Antonio, TX

Answers:

Cleaning Mini-Blinds

How I clean my mini blinds: I put them in the tub (or outside) Spray with Dow Scrubbing Bubbles and then rinse off with clear water. Wipe with a towel or drip dry. Their is NO real washing (you let the bubbles do their job!) and they are disinfected and smell great. Also, the wand and cording comes really clean!

Again, with NO effort! (08/02/2005)

By Joyful

Cleaning Miniblinds

Clean miniblinds by spraying hydrogen peroxide on them. Then wipe dry. (09/23/2005)

By Terri

In The Shower

Stick 2 or 3 heavy duty to back shower wall and hang blinds, get a shower spray and cleaning product and presto! Easy on the back. (09/25/2005)

By ChinafromSI

Vacuum

On the subject of cleaning metal mini-blinds, I vacuum them, I wipe them down with a damp cloth, I've put them in the bathtub if they fit. I've also taken them outside and hang them on my fence with nails and used the window cleaning system you attach to your hose and they came out great! After doing all of that I decided when they get to be too much to handle, I buy new blinds!
(11/19/2005)

By Rob

409

I hate cleaning mini blinds, but unfortunately, they have to be cleaned fairly regularly. First of all, I never take mine down to clean them. That must makes even more work than you already have. I clean them while they are up on the window. Depending on how dirty they are, and that, of course, depends on what room in the house, most of the time I can get them clean using a dry Swiffer cloth. If they are really bad and need "wet" cleaned, then I spray 409 cleaner on them and wipe them with a wet cloth. (11/20/2005)

By Robin

MiniMaids

I bought a gadget called MiniMaids. I love it. It makes cleaning mini blinds so easy. I hang it in the shower and hang my blinds so all I have to do is spray with 409 and then use my shower hose to rinse off and they come out spotless. (01/04/2006)

By lkaren

Wet Wipes

I use Clorox wet wipes. It's the easiest and believe me I've tried everything. I have found they work on walls, doors, and any other surface. (02/20/2006)

By Michelle

Cleaning mini blinds square
Cleaning Mini Blinds
Bottle Propagator
Mini Greenhouses Using Recycled Materials
Square version of tree top.
Making Recycled Paper Mini Trees
cake banner on pink frosted cake
Making a Mini Bunting Cake Banner
pumpkin turkey
Making Mini Pumpkin Turkeys
🎉
🎄